Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramoncitos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2024
Hello, I would like to ask you a question. I have a Mac Mini m2 pro that I bought about 3 months ago, which I take great care of. The other day I was cleaning it and when I look at the Thunderbolt ports I realize that the plastic edge seems poorly finished. At the Apple Store they tell me that I caused this defect by applying force incorrectly to connect a cable to that connector, which is impossible because I am very careful when handling the port. Could it be that the plastic material is of poor quality or something? I was told that all the ports on the Mac Mini put an end to those dents.

Icono de Validado por la comunidad
20240429_114232.jpg

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
What they said. If it's working, I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it. Most of us are not examining our ports this closely IMHO. Enjoy your excellent Pro Mini.
If you have to zoom in that close to the Thunderbolt port to see it, I don't see why this is something you care about? It it actually impacting your usage?

I can't see anything of significance in your photo. I agree with @fuchsdh.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
It's a tiny unnoticeable cosmetic blemish on a soft plastic part that isn't even part of the actual metal hardware port itself. If the connection is still good, then you're fine.

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2019
Perfection only exists with God. This is a cosmetic defect that requires a person to zoom in and look closely. It is not a functional defect (such as the port jingles, or it's hard to plug something in).

Let it be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.