Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4wheelcycle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2014
I finally got tired of reaching around to the back of my Mac mini M2 or my Studio Display to plug in random USB A and C accessories. Most inexpensive USB hubs are intended for laptops and do not have long enough attachment cables to reach the front of a Mac mini. Ultimately, I settled on short extension cables that route under my Mac mini M2 to bring my Magic Trackpad's charging cable and 10GPS USB A and C ports to the front of my Mac mini. The only purpose for the old Apple SuperDrive is to raise my Studio Display slightly.

Mac mini M2 USB Hub.jpeg

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I've been doing the same thing with USB "extension cables" for years, since I bought my 2012 Mini back in 2013. Now doing the same with a 2018 Mini.

Reactions: August West

jwahaus

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2022
You need a studio. LOL But seriously, there are several hubs for forward ports that neatly fit under the mini with the same form factor.

I myself have a hub sitting on top of my Mini with cables going in all directions. It's a spider web.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I have this powered hub plugged in next to my M2 mini that I have about half the ports used up. for anything that needs a USB-C, I have front ports on my satechi dock for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.