Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

softwaredevelop

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2008
Purchased M2 Pro last night - brand new install w/o any migrations - Wifi is not usable. Never had this with any other iMac 24 recently purchased. Running Eero mesh. sudo ifconfig awdl0 down helps a bit...

Apple has a bug with wifi!

whatis

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2023
I purchased a Macbook Pro M2 14" four days ago, the WiFi is absolutely broken and completely unusable (10-20x slower speed test, disconnects randomly frequently). All other Apple devices including a Macbook Air M1 are connecting properly.

I hope this is not a hardware issue and it can be solved with a patch. I'll contact Apple Support tomorrow and update this post.

Cham2000

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2022
I strongly suspect a bug with Ventura. This OS is new (currently 13.2), and is known to have many bugs.

mava70

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2023
Canegrate, Lombardia
I dont think so; the same problems in 13.0 this is an hardware issue, maybe can be patched in software maybe not, in my case I would not know this after the return period so my mini is in the way to came back to factory mac mini m1 with ventura has no problem at all

TheTeedot

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2023
Been battling this for a few days. I run homebridge on an M1 Mini and upgraded to an M2 mini to cycle the M1 into another task. This has allowed me to see some homebridge logs aligned with drop outs.

There are "fixes" such as disabling AVB/EAV under the hardware option on the internal NIC which has a dramatic effect to reduce the symptom of packetloss.

However I still observe some packet loss as well as disconnections. I have also attached a USB ethernet adapter and connected this, the internal NIC and Wi-Fi and see the same problem across all three. And not necessarily at the same time.

Seems to indicate a software issue given it is observed across all three connections.

paulocesar06

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2023
mac mini m2 is an untested ****, mine is going back to apple store. If your appears to work and no packet lost, probabily is not, try to do a google meet with someone and you might found a lot of problems (freeze, audio lost etc.) problem gone away only on a 2.4 Ghz network.
just like me in my macbook pro m2 pro (google meet equal also). But the issue presists in 2,4Ghz. In my case, the only solution is disable AWDL...
I asked to change the equipment, but I hope that apple is already working on it... It seems to happen to many people, imagine those who say nothing in this forum.

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
All of these wifi and ethernet defect reports are concerning. Plainly the m2 mini wasn‘t sufficiently tested before release.

clausbvc

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014
Denmark
Many bad experiences setting up new MacMini Pro. Dropping mouse and keyboard connections, ultraslow Wifi and LAN, bad sw setup sequence looping into voice commands constantly. Worst new Mac experience ever.
I will most likely return device and wait until production/sw is fixed.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
all good here; my m2 pro & wifi has been steady, fast (with a 2018 asus AC1700, & 5G)...

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 1.58.25 PM.png

Reactions: sauria

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
main problems are on meeting app like gotomeeting, not the massive download, you don't see it with speedtest. Or you have a less sensible router.
no issues with teamviewer (which i use a lot), downloading, uploading, side-loading... 😉

i'd say my router was extremely sensible.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
mac mini m2 is an untested ****, mine is going back to apple store. If your appears to work and no packet lost, probabily is not, try to do a google meet with someone and you might found a lot of problems (freeze, audio lost etc.) problem gone away only on a 2.4 Ghz network.
Mine too. We are beta testers for Apple.

@Bearygoodfries1 How is your replacement mini?

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
What have you done to fix the wifi issue? Spent two hours today just to try to get the wifi working!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.