Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
help i have a big problem , my eMac boots really really slow , i installed onyx
to improve it , but onyx told me my drive needs to be repaird and i should put in the install disc , ok i thought get out this nice apple booklet with the disc`s from the seller and aaaaaaaah i have twice install disc 1 with exactly the same numbers on but not the disc 2 , i asked the seller he cant find it ad asumes he sold it with the second emac he had so the buyer from that one has twice install disc 2 but is not registered with ebay any more and cant be traced :eek::mad:

so here i am with twice exactly this disc
disc 1 os version 10.4.4 aht version 2.5.2 disc version 1.0
2z601-5729-a

so the problem is to find this exact disc 2 as i was told i cant install from any other apart from this ...as they are model specific
what did apple think ... the cheapest option is buying another eMac ? :mad::eek::confused:

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
the cheapest option is buying another eMac ? :mad::eek::confused:

no, cheapest route is to find someone with an eMac like yours that still has their Tiger CD & to make you a backup copy of it. Or to search online to see if anyone is selling their copy.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
and that works even if its a second hand emac
i give it a try and call apple
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.