Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macintosher123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2023
Mac Pro Ende 2013 | macOS Mojave 10.14.16 | 3 GHz 8-Kern Intel Xeon E5 | 64 GB Speicher

Have a Mac Pro with still amazing performance after 9 years. Very attached to Apple Aperture, which is still running on this operating system. Since I use it to manage my holiday photos and films (around 600 GB of data), switching to Big Sur is difficult for me. After bad experiences with the last Intel-based MacBook Pro with the new 64-bit operating systems, I wanted to know if there was any experience with Big Sur on Mac Pro 2013...

Many thanks in advance!

Lorange

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2022
Mac Pro Ende 2013 | macOS Mojave 10.14.16 | 3 GHz 8-Kern Intel Xeon E5 | 64 GB Speicher

Have a Mac Pro with still amazing performance after 9 years. Very attached to Apple Aperture, which is still running on this operating system. Since I use it to manage my holiday photos and films (around 600 GB of data), switching to Big Sur is difficult for me. After bad experiences with the last Intel-based MacBook Pro with the new 64-bit operating systems, I wanted to know if there was any experience with Big Sur on Mac Pro 2013...

Many thanks in advance!
I recently installed Big Sur on my MacPro 6.1 (2,7 12core D700, 4tb Name with adapter ). Before that I used Mojave. I have nothing but good to say about Big Sur. I also work on big photos , panoramas and. everything is working fine. No kernel panic, no crash,,,,. Just a stable nice system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.