Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nigel415674

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Seattle
I just bought a Mac Studio M2 Max and am expecting it in about a week. I currently have an iMac that sits atop a few programming books to give me the visual height I need (I'm 6'3" so pretty tall even sitting down). With the Studio, I would like to get a monitor stand under which I can put the Studio. The Studio stands 3.7 inches high and I expect it would need some clearance for ventilation. Can anyone recommend a good monitor stand which goes well with the Mac Studio?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I doubt you're going to find a monitor stand high enough to have the Studio fit underneath it.
Most of them seem to be designed relatively "low", with enough room to put a keyboard or laptop into -- but that's all.

I would want to keep the Studio "out in the open", in any case -- to have easy access to ports on rear and front.

A good display?
Perhaps the Studio display (if you want to spend that much).
Or perhaps a good 27" 4k...

Richard10250

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2023
If you are interested in a DIY solution, I made my own monitor stand to support two 32 inch monitors using butcher block countertop material from Home Depot and 4 inch furniture legs that I purchased on Amazon. Cut down the butcher block to the size needed, rubbed in some mineral oil, attached the legs and put it to work. This allowed me to have the exact size I needed and closely matched my desktop. I would share a picture, but then I would need to clean my desk...

If you are looking for something custom, but dont want to go the DYI route, Etsy offers lots of solutions in a variety of shapes and materials.

nigel415674

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Seattle
I doubt you're going to find a monitor stand high enough to have the Studio fit underneath it.
Most of them seem to be designed relatively "low", with enough room to put a keyboard or laptop into -- but that's all.

I would want to keep the Studio "out in the open", in any case -- to have easy access to ports on rear and front.

A good display?
Perhaps the Studio display (if you want to spend that much).
Or perhaps a good 27" 4k...
Thanks, I bought a high res LG display yesterday. Tough to beat the iMac monitor. I wish they would make a decent iMac. The new m3 iMac lacks substantially. I would have bought a decent iMac in a second.

Reactions: Tdude96

nigel415674

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Seattle
If you are interested in a DIY solution, I made my own monitor stand to support two 32 inch monitors using butcher block countertop material from Home Depot and 4 inch furniture legs that I purchased on Amazon. Cut down the butcher block to the size needed, rubbed in some mineral oil, attached the legs and put it to work. This allowed me to have the exact size I needed and closely matched my desktop. I would share a picture, but then I would need to clean my desk...

If you are looking for something custom, but dont want to go the DYI route, Etsy offers lots of solutions in a variety of shapes and materials.
Thanks, great recommendation.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
You could go the VESA desk stand route. I have this one on my 27" and 34" LG displays and the Studio fits underneath perfectly. Going with a VESA stand allows you to adjust the height, swivel, and of course pivot. I didn't go with a VESA arm mount version because I didn't want a clamp on my wood-top desk.

LG displays have the absolute worst stands, in my opinion. Those half-moon-shaped stands take up so much desk space it's obscene.

maverick100

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2019
You might check out Grove made https://grovemade.com/; I have several of their products; and they work great for me. I have one of their maple stands. A Max 2 studio will fit under it and the Studio Monitor will fit on top with out any trouble

maverick100

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2019
Oops my Max Studio does not fit under it. I measured the height and made a mistake. So if you want your New mx to fit under it will not. It does raise my Studio Monitor over 4 inches above the desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.