Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
My M2 Air made a slight clicking noise when closing it when it was new. It was something that was barely noticeable. I decided not to mess with the bottom plate screws, and after a few months it went away on its own. It may not be the same thing others having the issue reported, but it was similar. It has long since gone away, and no longer occurs. I knew I was under warranty and if it worsened, or I felt that it may affect connections from the base to the display, I would just take it in. But, it disappeared and I cannot reproduce it. For me it seemed almost as if something needed to be broken in, or acclimatized. However, if it is really bothersome or loud, it definitely should be looked at. My machine has been perfect since and hands down the best Mac I’ve ever had.

wubbdie

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2021
Germany
I don’t have exactly your problem but it seems that it has to do with the bottom casing Got a new MBP 14“ binned max and I‘m pretty happy with this baby. The only thing which is annoying me is that everytime I pick my book up the bottom casing of the book makes a sound when pushing it. It’s only in one area. So I‘d like to ask if this is a normal behavior or how it can be fixed. Please watch the video attached.
Thanks for your answers

Reactions: i1egend

i1egend

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2023
I don’t have exactly your problem but it seems that it has to do with the bottom casing Got a new MBP 14“ binned max and I‘m pretty happy with this baby. The only thing which is annoying me is that everytime I pick my book up the bottom casing of the book makes a sound when pushing it. It’s only in one area. So I‘d like to ask if this is a normal behavior or how it can be fixed. Please watch the video attached.
Thanks for your answers
Looks normal. It's barley noticeable I've had the same but I ignored it and started to enjoy my Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.