Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suzan Gabrijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2023
Hi,

I bought a new laptop MacBook Air with the new M2 chip and now it doesn't see/recognise my GFX100 connected.

Im using the same cables as on my old Mack book Air (where everything works fine - via Aquire and connected with a Tethered tools cable usb 3 to usb with a mac adaptor). Also Lightroom neither Xraw studio are seeing the camera.

Apple support says the problem is the camera, that I should ask Fuji to update the firmware. Fujifilm website says acquire supports OS 13, but I couldn't find any information about supporting the new M2 chip

Is there someone out in this world facing the same problem? And could probably help me, because NO ONE was able to find a solution.

Thanks

Suzan

Suzan Gabrijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2023

Suzan Gabrijan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2023
No mention of transferring photos via cards. Why is this not a logical workaround?
Because I'm a professional photographer and at big shootings the client sits in front of the computer and is watching the photoshoot directly on the screen, live. Thats why Aquire, because Fuji cant stream jpgs only, so i need this for connect and fast streaming of jpgs to the comp.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Have you tried Fujifilm support? They are in a better position to address the issue. It is their problem to diagnose. Hopefully they don't point the finger at Apple.

Andrew Herd

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2024
"

IMPORTANT ALERT MAC OS USERS with GFX (incompatibility issue)​

Does this help?
Hi,

I bought a new laptop MacBook Air with the new M2 chip and now it doesn't see/recognise my GFX100 connected.

Im using the same cables as on my old Mack book Air (where everything works fine - via Aquire and connected with a Tethered tools cable usb 3 to usb with a mac adaptor). Also Lightroom neither Xraw studio are seeing the camera.

Apple support says the problem is the camera, that I should ask Fuji to update the firmware. Fujifilm website says acquire supports OS 13, but I couldn't find any information about supporting the new M2 chip

Is there someone out in this world facing the same problem? And could probably help me, because NO ONE was able to find a solution.

Thanks

Suzan
I realise this thread is long dead, but I had the same issue and nearly went crazy over it.

The GFX 100 (or mine at least) will not connect to a MacStudio using any oval USBC port I have tried, whether on the front or the back of the system. But it connects fine if I connect using one of the USBA style (long rectangle) ports on the back of my MacStudio. The camera end connector has to be USBC, obviously. I am using a Tether Pro cable which is at least 3M long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.