Macbook Pro 16" M3(Pro/Max) version - still low power mode touchpad lag?

pksv

macrumors member
On M1 14" there is this trackpad lag issue on low power mode.
Just to explain this bug correctly: in a third-party browser, one in 5-10 taps (not consistent) is not registered so you have to tap again to enter. This usually happens when you have a break between taps, so let's say you scroll a page for some time and then you decide to enter the link and you have that delay of one unregistered tap. I feels like the trackpad would be in sleep mode and you have to wake it up. This does not happen with pressure click, keep that in mind. Sounds minor but believe me it's extremely frustrating, you never know which tap will be registered or which one not. Feels like the trackpad is broken. Tried it on 4 3rd browsers and different macOS releases - it's still there.

Was wondering if anyone could check it on 16" M3 (Max preferably) if this issue is still present. Will reiterate, it happens only in third-party browsers, not on Safari.

Edit: is it possible to adjust parameters of Low Power Mode, so let's say CPU running slower and cooler but ProMotion is still active?

Last edited:

pksv

macrumors member
Could anyone with 14"/16" M3 Pro/Max version please check this for me? 🥹
Turn on low power mode and browse on some third-party browser with touchpads taps (not clicks).

pksv

macrumors member
I just tried this on my '23 M3Max and Google Chrome for a good 5 minutes with taps and didn't see this issue.
Thank you for trying this!

But was it on Low Power for sure?
What macOS version are you running?

Once again, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.