Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
After all of this mess with people having problems like this, yours is the first I've heard from using a Belkin Dock. I'm also using a Belkin Dock, but not your model (I'm using this one). I've found better stability using my Monitor's HDMI instead of the Display Port. I was having more issues with random reboots (although not as much as what you're saying) when I used DP out to DP in. I switched to using the DisplayPort out to my Monitor's HDMI in (cable has DP on one end and HDMI on the other) and now only seem to get random kernel panics when I reboot.

Have you submitted feedback in the app from your Mac? Explain what model dock you have and maybe even include a link to the product website. They're obviously aware and are trying to work on the issue, but clearly have a ways to go.

Feedback app is located here --->
/System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Feedback Assistant.app

::: Sorry for the edits. Trying to be accurate :) :::

foliovision

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Bratislava
I've had good luck with WD D50 docks (removing the NVME drives and using them externally as they run too hot with an NVME drive always on inside). Work flawlessly with both an Intel Mac Mini and a M1 Max MBP.

Paragon has been a huge problem for me as they install so many anti-piracy extensions that they destabilise any computer. Waves audio plugins are nasty that way too.

I'd suggest a clean install at this point without Paragon or any other dubious system extensions. I may need to do one of my own due to installing some Waves plugins (crossing my fingers, seems better the last two weeks after spending an hour and a half rooting everything out).

ackerthehacker

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2017
I've been running into DART issues since Ventura and lots of Thunderbolt arrays. I've been working with the SoftRAID/OWC folks ...it’s a OS bug that probablywon't be solved until 13.4.

My workaround is to boot with half my drive disconnected....after its up a for a minute, reconnect the rest and all seems OK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.