Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbrand or Slickwraps?

• dbrand

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Slickwraps

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • iCarbons

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

JordanLB23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Hi guys I have a late 2013 MBP retina and I am interested in getting a skin/sleeve for it.

I don't want a case, or a zipper sleeve bag, or a hard shell case. I am looking for something elegant, simple, sophisticated that will also protect my MBP retina. I am not sure what material, but I would like something thin, relatively soft/smooth, very durable that literally acts as a 2nd skin for my macbook pro protecting it on the outer surfaces and some bits of the inner (around the keyboard).

Does anyone know where I would be able to order a skin like that? Basically I want something like a hard sleeve case/shell except I don't want it to be a hard material.

Thanks and happy holidays.

JordanLB23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Thanks for the reply will look into it.

Is it a plastic shell?

I am hoping something more matte.

Any other suggestions?

bugler

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2016
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I am trying to find a skin for my new MBP 13".

dbrand and Slickwraps seem to be the two frontrunners in this race. Has anyone tried either/both? Looks like only Slickwraps does the whole inside and dbrand does only the touchpad, but that might be annoying with the force touch pad. I think I might just do the top and bottom. Can anyone give me insight between the two companies quality and such? How about iCarbons?

Thanks in advance!

ps Now that I look, this may belong in the mac accessories category, sorry! Not sure how to move the thread.

Last edited:

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
Anyone here currently or ever use the dbrand skins for their MacBook Pros? I have a 15" touch bar, thinking about placing skins on it. Thanks Tim

shanshor

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2008
Mine are on the way, I bought the white carbon fiber top and bottom with a plain white trackpad piece for a 13" space grey. I'll post pics when it arrives. It was on a 3 week preorder. I about died.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
wow three weeks! I have the SG 15" not sure I want the skins but would to know experiences with them. yes, please post when you have your's installed. also, the ease or difficulty of installing.

UnluckyXIII

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2014
I ordered from SW instead of dbrand but they are pretty much the same, unfortunately I'm still waiting for my tMBP even though the skin has already arrive from the states about two weeks ago :(

Pootmatoot

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2014
I've used them on lots of different products: they're superb and well worth the cost.

Make sure you watch the product specific Youtube video. They're incredibly easy to apply perfectly if you do, absolute hell if you don't.

Reactions: nikster0029

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Here are the photos!
IMG_8218.JPG
IMG_8930.JPG

Reactions: cerberusss

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
that looks cool. did you get the bottom?
Yes I did! Nothing special there. Same idea. The bottom, IMO, is the most important part because that is where the scratching usually occurs. I work in a lab and thats what ruined my previous laptop

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
Ordered Matte Black, we shall see what it looks like. I've been really happy with my skins from iCarbons in the past, figured I try something different this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.