Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
March 2020. macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and this bug is STILL THERE!
Does someone have a radar number for this issue?
Its unbelievable that Apple has had this bug for 3 years and can't fix this.

I'm collecting a huge list of bugs with the current crop of software. iOS, MacOS, etc.

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
It's been there for many years. Probably not high on their list of bugs to work on, which probably tends to follow the level of user complaints/returns.

Core GTS

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2017
Same problem here. Connecting AirPods2 while FaceTiming on my MacBook Pro, using Hands-off through iPhone, crashes the sound and drops the call. Reconnecting the AirPods needs kill all audiocore. Also after that the balance of the volume on the AirPods shifts and requires manual centration. In addition, when disconnecting the AirPods2 from the MacBook Pro, many times the overall volume of the laptop speaker is reduced. Again, killing the core audio from terminal seems to fix the issue but this is not a good solution. This is a bug in the OS. This issue never happens when connecting the AirPods either to the iPhone or iPad while I am in FaceTime. Not sure who from Apple should look at this...but it is very counter productive.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
Same problem here. Connecting AirPods2 while FaceTiming on my MacBook Pro,[…] crashes the sound and drops the call.

What I'm dealing with right now. This is a huge problem. The act of connecting my AirPods while on a FaceTime call, 100% of the time, kills the call. On multiple machines – Mini, MB Pro 15", Retina MB. -___- Damn, was hoping to find that someone had a fix for this, haha.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
I have problems with internal speakers after using bluetooth headphones. The only solution I knew was to reboot my Mac, but that was very annoying. Until I found better workaround from here https://macpaw.com/how-to/fix-sound-on-mac:
- open Activity Monitor
- search for coreaudiod process and stop it (select it and click X - force process to quit)
MacOS restarted this process and voila my internal speakers are working again. No need to reboot.

This is so annoying bug, why it isn't fixed yet!?
Same problem with my brand new 16". Killing coreaudiod fixes it. Can't believe this is still an issue almost 2 years later.

TigerMSTR

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
Four years later, and this is still an issue. Experienced it on my 2017 MBP, and it still exists on my 2020 M1 Air.

lexyfilbert

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2021
The bugs still exists on my Macbook Air M1 2020 and it happens twice already in one month since i bought it. killing the audiocore in activity monitor solve the problem by the way.

humbliepie77396

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2021
The bugs still exists on my Macbook Air M1 2020 and it happens twice already in one month since i bought it. killing the audiocore in activity monitor solve the problem by the way.
I am experiencing the same issue with Macbook Air M1 2020 / macOS Monterey 12.0.1. I do not see any processes using Activity Monitor called
  • coreaudio
  • audiocore
What process are you locating in activity monitor on the M1 mac to kill/reset audio?

humbliepie77396

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2021
I am experiencing the same issue with Macbook Air M1 2020 / macOS Monterey 12.0.1. I do not see any processes using Activity Monitor called
  • coreaudio
  • audiocore
What process are you locating in activity monitor on the M1 mac to kill/reset audio?
the terminal command fixed it for me:

sudo killall -9 coreaudiod

lexyfilbert

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2021
  • coreaudio
  • audiocore
I just search it here, like this:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.22.38.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.22.38.png
    152 KB · Views: 76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.