Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

olad

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Accra, Ghana.
There is something wrong with Siri or Apple AI. On a whim, after I had asked what day and date it was, I asked "what day was 22 September 1945?" (my birthday). It responded "Friday, September 21 1945." I tried all variations of saying - AND writing - the same thing - 22nd September, September 22nd, September 22 - always the same response. I have another laptop - an MBP11,4 running as MBP15,1 (courtesy of OpenCore Legacy Patcher). I asked Siri the same question. Always the reply was "It was Friday Sept 21 1945". I tried 01 Jan 1946, and it gave a reply of a day earlier! I tried the WRITTEN query, same thing, on both machines. Always a day BEFORE the date. I tried other dates in 1945 - same thing, one day before. I am GMT-00 (Accra, Ghana), if that matters. Or perhaps it's an old bug, and I am just late to the show.

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Started on 15.0 B7 and still on B8, iMessages doesn't auto-detect 2FA codes in the message when it doesn't autofill. Have to double click the code and then copy, before, the code would be underlined and you could just right-click it to copy. Anyone else seeing this?

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Started on 15.0 B7 and still on B8, iMessages doesn't auto-detect 2FA codes in the message when it doesn't autofill. Have to double click the code and then copy, before, the code would be underlined and you could just right-click it to copy. Anyone else seeing this?

Can't help with this. The long release schedule might be, because the next version will be the (first) Release Candidate and/or the final version of 15.0, if there isn't a second one. It might be released on the day of the "iPhone event" along with iOS 18, at least for beta testers. I think it depends on how early new Macs are ready for delivery when it has to be officially finished and released.

Strange, I could swear there had been another 15.0 update after this and I was angry there was no new 15.1 beta again. Maybe just a dream. 🙃

ashleykaryl

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
UK
I am prepared to install b8 but wary of RC after reading some reports. I've just downloaded an install version 20.0.10 but there is nothing telling me if this is b8 or the RC version. Apple seems remarkably opaque on this point, so does anybody else know for sure?

Attachments

• SCR-20240911-kvjg.png
    SCR-20240911-kvjg.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 30
  • SCR-20240911-kwik.jpeg
    SCR-20240911-kwik.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 25

ashleykaryl

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
UK
I couldn't find anything on Google, but according to ChatGPT this is the RC version:

"The macOS Sequoia version 20.0.10 (20010) refers to the Release Candidate (RC) version of macOS 15, the next major update to Apple’s operating system, set to be publicly released shortly. The RC version is the final step before the public release and is typically what users can expect from the final version unless any last-minute bugs are discovered. This version was made available to developers on September 9, 2024, for testing"

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
When I query the new Siri, it gives me a few links to explore, followed by a box that says "Search Google," even though my Safari default search engine is DDG. Google deal-making strikes again?

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
I couldn't find anything on Google, but according to ChatGPT this is the RC version:

"The macOS Sequoia version 20.0.10 (20010) refers to the Release Candidate (RC) version of macOS 15, the next major update to Apple’s operating system, set to be publicly released shortly. The RC version is the final step before the public release and is typically what users can expect from the final version unless any last-minute bugs are discovered. This version was made available to developers on September 9, 2024, for testing"

This Installer version doesn't change very often and it's saying Beta. The RC isn't declared as a Beta.

I would wait if there is anything new today. I am hoping for 15.1 Beta 4. It's really overdue.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
When I query the new Siri, it gives me a few links to explore, followed by a box that says "Search Google," even though my Safari default search engine is DDG. Google deal-making strikes again?

That's bad. I also only use DDG since 12 years. Gladly I don't use Siri. Maybe you can ask Siri if it's changeable. ;)

P.S.: My only Google-Login is YouTube and everything else is isolated from that. At least since container tabs and profiles I don't need an extra browser for YouTube.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Perfect time to install, I really need a computer break for at least half an hour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.