Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcave098

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2015
Northern British Columbia
Unfortunately , despite all of this, the PROBLEM IS STILL there and it is very frustrating that Apple is sleeping over it and no fix has been issued.
[doublepost=1475430665][/doublepost]
I removed these 2 as well now and testing it, will report soon

UPDATE: THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE...guys please do not waste your time doing all the steps i did, this is something bigger in the OS and has to do with user permission or something else, but i am really not looking forward to buying a 3 TB External HDD and copy-pasting all my data and then re-install Yosemite or any of that, Apple better come out with a fix soon
Weaselboy is right, this issue is specific to something in your home folder/user account. If you think it's 'user permissions', then you can try resetting them following HT203538

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Something I did not notice before... you mentioned this happens when using Chrome. If you use the old account and do not use Chrome, but only use Safari... does the crash happen then?

Might be an issue with your Chrome setup.

Reactions: 997440

johnjey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA
Weaselboy is right, this issue is specific to something in your home folder/user account. If you think it's 'user permissions', then you can try resetting them following HT203538
All of you guys are wrong, i have the solution and it fixed the problem.

DISABLE "HARDWARE ACCELERATION" option in chrome and VOILA :)

MacBAir

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2016
Portugal
All of you guys are wrong, i have the solution and it fixed the problem.

DISABLE "HARDWARE ACCELERATION" option in chrome and VOILA :)
They aren't wrong. Apple has nothing to fix and Apple made no problems regarding your particular situation.

It's you and your account only, as you proved when you told that the guest account was ok. You have a lot of useless crap on your account, crap that you chose to install, for some pathetic reason than only you can know (if an user is even a bit informed, said user wouldn't install something like clean my mac. What is your reason for having little snitch?).

Anyway, you have Chrome, use Chrome, but install and update flash? Why? What are you doing? Clearly, there are no reports of Chrome's hardware acceleration provoking issues with Sierra. More than likely the issues happen because of a conflict between Chrome's flash plugin and the plugin you download, or some other extension/crap that you have installed.

I'm sorry if this comes out as a rant, but it's something that is 100% your fault, and your strongest reaction is to b*tch and moan, and blame Apple. Not the devs of some shady apps or chrome extensions, not your lack of knowledge, but Apple. I don't know you (neither would I want to), but one can easily paint a picture with your personality, almost without mistakes.
[doublepost=1475960707][/doublepost]
One more reason to avoid Chrome altogether.
Saying that Chrome is bad is as pathetic as saying that iTunes is crap. Both are some of the most used, most loved programs on the planet and deserve a ton of credit. It's pretty obvious who's fault this is.

Reactions: Weaselboy

johnjey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA
They aren't wrong. Apple has nothing to fix and Apple made no problems regarding your particular situation.

It's you and your account only, as you proved when you told that the guest account was ok. You have a lot of useless crap on your account, crap that you chose to install, for some pathetic reason than only you can know (if an user is even a bit informed, said user wouldn't install something like clean my mac. What is your reason for having little snitch?).

Anyway, you have Chrome, use Chrome, but install and update flash? Why? What are you doing? Clearly, there are no reports of Chrome's hardware acceleration provoking issues with Sierra. More than likely the issues happen because of a conflict between Chrome's flash plugin and the plugin you download, or some other extension/crap that you have installed.

I'm sorry if this comes out as a rant, but it's something that is 100% your fault, and your strongest reaction is to b*tch and moan, and blame Apple. Not the devs of some shady apps or chrome extensions, not your lack of knowledge, but Apple. I don't know you (neither would I want to), but one can easily paint a picture with your personality, almost without mistakes.
[doublepost=1475960707][/doublepost]
Saying that Chrome is bad is as pathetic as saying that iTunes is crap. Both are some of the most used, most loved programs on the planet and deserve a ton of credit. It's pretty obvious who's fault this is.

Aww, you really have to take it easy man, you are not the only apple fanboy here, i am as well :) ...thanks for ranting though, it doesn't solve anything other than invoking weird feelings against a profile icon of yours here, but guess what, i wouldn't get into that, on a second note, no such chrome issues existed on my Yosemite earlier, so is it Flash versus something that wasn't there or is it Flash vs Sierra, i don't know.

Also, you never participated or offered any solutions, so stop acting like a godfather and do something productive than judging others

Reactions: rmpbklyn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.