Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

streak8047

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2019
MacPro 5.1 2009 A1289 has no chime no display ,front side white led was on ,remove & keep single
memory on both side of slot and test no worked keep it off & remove power for 4 hours start working
with display after restart display was not working and no chime ,need to keep more time to disconnect the
power ,please guide how is it happen .

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
How much RAM + Which Mac OS + Which bootrom + Which video card & GPU maker ?

Suggest that you shut down + remove power cord and re-seat all RAM & all PCIe cards

Then restart using this for " TRIPLE consecutive "Happy Mac" chimes = NVRAM re-set.

( read ALL of the text) . ..

NVRAM_PRAM_ResetMac.jpg

streak8047

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply reset all memory & keep just one ram dimm1 & dimm5 ,if keep off some time power on after shutdown not turn on diagnostics led image was attached Power supply has to change ,having late 2008 model PSU don,t know it was compatible
Mac Indentifier -5.1
Mac OS-High seira
Graphics card-ATI Radeon HD 2600 256mb
Boot Rom-M51.007F.B03

Attachments

• diagonistics led.jpg
    diagonistics led.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 598
  • diagonsis.jpg
    diagonsis.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 485
  • led diag.jpg
    led diag.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 673

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
I bet for the GPU, a 2600 is very ancient and tends to fail, it is compatible but from a 2008 machine.

Pull the GPU, pull all drives to do not harm them.

For POST you even dont need a GPU. Just the Processor(s) and at least one ram stick.

Pull Power for a minute.

Do Nvram Reset like @MIKX told, keep on holding the keys (for 3 minutes), maybe to make more resets in a row.

Until it chimes, hopefully...

streak8047

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2019
I bet for the GPU, a 2600 is very ancient and tends to fail, it is compatible but from a 2008 machine.

Pull the GPU, pull all drives to do not harm them.

For POST you even dont need a GPU. Just the Processor(s) and at least one ram stick.

Pull Power for a minute.

Do Nvram Reset like @MIKX told, keep on holding the keys (for 3 minutes), maybe to make more resets in a row.

Until it chimes, hopefully...
Thanks for the reply we did the same as your messages ,connect with other gpu also same ,after keep more than 6 hours one time it was power on tested for any high temperature changes with apps not shown any high temperature issues also put heat sink paste to the cpu at that moment mac power on and make restart worked perfectly ,after shutdown not started again,suspecting PSU unit not available easily. Recently two days before upgrade 4.1 to 5.1 version which working properly ,after we have old El captain installed hardware connected ,after that new issue. started
led diag.jpg

Last edited:

Kouvman

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2018
I have the same issue, I work properly with my MP 4.1 for years.
After I install the latest high sierra security update the device is not restart automatically...
And after all these, I dont have sound boot, black display, and i cannot boot!!!!!

streak8047

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2019
I have the same issue, I work properly with my MP 4.1 for years.
After I install the latest high sierra security update the device is not restart automatically...
And after all these, I dont have sound boot, black display, and i cannot boot!!!!!
Try a nvram reset, may be firmware update stuck press and hold power button for 10 second, get a beep sound with cd drive start opening & progress bar on screen, mostly same issue

Kouvman

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2018
Try a nvram reset, may be firmware update stuck press and hold power button for 10 second, get a beep sound with cd drive start opening & progress bar on screen, mostly same issue
I try everything that you suggest me, but unfortunately not boot sound can bring to life and finally I notice that all the USB ports not give access, I mean that I try to connect keyboard and nothing happen, then I try to charge my iPhone on all USB ports and nothing happens. I try to change with known good GPU and again nothing goings to happen....Can anyone help me with this issue???

streak8047

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2019
I try everything that you suggest me, but unfortunately not boot sound can bring to life and finally I notice that all the USB ports not give access, I mean that I try to connect keyboard and nothing happen, then I try to charge my iPhone on all USB ports and nothing happens. I try to change with known good GPU and again nothing goings to happen....Can anyone help me with this issue???
Try boot with out gpu with minimum ram check there was any chime sound, also keep disconnect for 12 to 24 hours, my case it was bricked backpane board.

indrek

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2017
Ok, have to go same route then. I have same symptoms, but thought it was either backplane or cpu board...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.