Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmalkav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2017
So, I'm using a Wacom Link Plus I had lying around to test if I could use it to connect my MacBook Pro 2015 to a Lenovo P44W Monitor/Dock through USB-C.

If I use the HDMI connection from the computer to the Wacom device, everything works fine on the Lenovo: it uses the full native resolution 3840x1200 at 60hz fine.

If I try to do the same with a mDP to mDP cable, I get image for a second and then my monitor goes blank. It doesn't react to pushing any button (except power).

If I use mDP to mDP with a lower resolution i.e. activating the monitor 2 in 1 mode it will present itself to the Mac as a 1920x1200, it also works ok.

Being able to use mDP instead of HDMI would be great as the connector is placed on the MacBook in a much more convenient place for me, so I'm trying to figure out what can be causing this, but I have no clue. Any help appreciated.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
No, a mDP cable I had lying around. Running Sonoma.
Possibly a low quality mDP cable... If running Sonoma then you must be using Open Core. Which version of OCLP?

In Somoma, have you tried --
Settings > Displays > Advanced button > Show resolutions as list (toggle on) .. then back in the main Settings > Display page, slide the Show all resolutions toggle to on. Do you see your desired resolution?

madmalkav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2017
No, I don’t see the resolution if I do that, but I see it in BetterDisplay?

I have other cable on the way to discard that. It is probably that and I’m just overthinking this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.