Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I just got an email from Best Buy advertising that they now sell Macs. It includes a coupon for $50 off a Mac mini, or $100 off "Apple computers". That's a pretty good deal for people in CA.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 855

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Meh, i like the Apple store as they know what they are talking about(or atleast someone in the store will) also its all Mac stuff in the store.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
Pretty good deal if you ask me! The apple sales people annoy me sometimes- they insist their not trying to sell extras to you, but they are :mad:

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
celebrian23 said:
Pretty good deal if you ask me! The apple sales people annoy me sometimes- they insist their not trying to sell extras to you, but they are :mad:

And Best Buy tries to sell you those damn warranties. When I bought my xBox years back, I was arguing with the ******* of a cashier for 5 minutes as he pressured me like a used car salesman to buy their stupid, useless warranty. If I was as smart back then, I would've told the cashier to take the xBox and shove it and gone down the street to Slackers (locally owned CD/video game chain store in STL) and bought it. Hell, not really down the street....more like 4 or 5 stores down in the shopping center.

I've never had an Apple Store worker not take no for an answer....but I've never had them try to push extras on me either. It's always been a simple "Would you like Applecare today?"..."No, I'll buy it later." "OK then. Enjoy your new Mac"

And even if the Apple Store people did push extras on you, I'd still go there, because if I have any questions about the product, I'm not going to get some dumbass high school dropout with a single digit IQ stand there and scratch his ass while unable to comprehend that the Apple I'm talking about isn't something that grew on a tree. I can deal with pushy salesmen, I can't deal with lying and unknowledgeable salesmen.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
mduser63 said:
I just got an email from Best Buy advertising that they now sell Macs.
Again??

Best Buy has had an on-and-off love affair with Macs. Mostly off.

What is this, the third time they've decided to sell Macs again? Anyone wanna take bets on how it'll last this time?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Thomas Veil said:
Again??

Best Buy has had an on-and-off love affair with Macs. Mostly off.

What is this, the third time they've decided to sell Macs again? Anyone wanna take bets on how it'll last this time?

Whatev, as long as every Mac is booted up in Windows XP I'm sure they can handle it.:p

JoeB4ever

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2006
As a best buy employee, I think its gonna be on for a while

The reason we stopped carrying the mac-mini's was because 80% of them were returned. For reasons you could probably guess.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Are those reasons being that they couldn't run that $2 software in the bargain bins?

Ryan5505

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2006
CA
bearcat2000 said:
Are those reasons being that they couldn't run that $2 software in the bargain bins?

HA HA THATS FUNNY

Yes its true, you cant install cheap unstable no name software on your Mac.

Ryan5505

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2006
CA
I would be worried that the employees would no have knowledge about the MAC OS and would push people on to a windows PC b/c they had no idea how OSX works. Comp USA is totally different where all the employees seem to enjoy the macs and know the software. They also carry a lot of mac software and accesories.

JackSYi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
This is awesome. I wish there was a Best Buy in SB (although CompUSA has Macs already).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.