Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
I don't think things have changed much in a year or so.

There are some more charging products with the puck built in, but in terms of straps, most people seem to be happy with the cheap knockoffs and other styles all over Amazon and eBay, or name branded but still China-made straps with a little more customization/signing and some healthy margins.

I still think the better option is to buy a decent set of lug adapters, and choose from the myriad strap options outside the Apple Watch accessory world. Since the OP hails from Europe, the home of many long-time quality strap makers, they're probably even easier to obtain.

Like the other poster, I also avoid the three-piece tubular lugs in favor of the spring bar style. Fewer failure points, tried and true method, and a quality Bergeon tool is only ~$20.

slideleft

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2017
Marin County, California
No, you were right JSway. They got a bunch of press for it last year. I think the change is the result of wanting to be in stores like Target- your product needs to be REALLY cheap.
Jeff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.