Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctbritt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Washington, DC
This is weird, and wondering if anyone is seeing this issue. On an iPad Pro (2020) running 14.2b1, in both Mail and Airmail, I can’t use the delete key on the Magic Keyboard to delete an email in the message list. The delete key works fine in the body of an email, and in every other app on my iPad, so the key isn’t mechanically messed up. It also seems to work in Outlook, but not in Mail or Airmail. I’ve submitted a bug report, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Nat Goldhaber

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2020
Hanalei HI
Yes. Same problem exactly. This has been an intermittent problem since the first iOS 14 beta. But in the past closing mail and reopening it or rebooting the iPad fixed it. Now the delete key doesn’t work to delete mail, no matter what.

Reactions: dustyblueheron

ctbritt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Washington, DC
AND BETA 4. Still no delete key.
[automerge]1603230601[/automerge]
think i might just go down to 14.1 at this point. So annoying.

sketchguy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I thought I was losing my mind, but definitely noticed it stopped working when i was on the public beta as well. I miss that functionality!

pruveit

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2007
Yeah... not working for me either. I thought I was going crazy too. Very annoying.

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
I recently downgraded to 14.1 due to that annoying "upgrade is available" bug notifcation in 14.2 beta last week and it works fine there. I thought it was just a quirk of the Magic Keyboard until I noticed this thread.

ctbritt

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Washington, DC
Still not working after release of 14.2. May just have to reset the ipad and rebuild from scratch to see if that fixes it.

mcgm

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2018
California
Still not working after release of 14.2. May just have to reset the ipad and rebuild from scratch to see if that fixes it.
I reset my iPad (iOS 14.2 - not beta) and the delete key on the magic keyboard is still not working. My old 11 inch iPad Pro is on the 14.2 beta with the previous generation apple keyboard folio/cover and it's also not working there so it must be a 14.2 change. Very frustrating!

Reactions: 28Gauge

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
Same problem - iPad Pro 12.9. Hope there’s a bug fix soon - this is a major time saver when it works.
I couldn’t agree with you more. I find it hard to believe that Apple could let something as simple as key functionality slip by them in an OS update. I hope that it is just a bug and not a function that Apple felt users no longer needed.

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
Just wanted to post that the same is happening to me since I updated to 14.2. Let’s hope they fix this basic functionality.

Reactions: 28Gauge

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I submitted a support ticket to Apple about this problem. Now to wait and see what happens.

Reactions: RWR

Inflight

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2020
Same here in 14.2. Good to hear that 14.3 brings delete back. Hopefully stable because before 14.2 the problem appeard intermittent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.