Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluemoon99

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2022
should i rather get the base 14 and hook it to my 27" monitor (i copy the display anyway ,so i just use the monitor to get things bigger and more ergonomic)

or get the base 16 and return my monitor

i want to point out that i dont need portability this much ,and while it does indeed come in handy to be able to put the 14 in any backpack,i can pretty much deal with the extra space its gonna take when i need it.

2 things to consider of using the 16 only :

1)bad ergonomics,because of neck strain i beleive ,tho the 16's display is higher than that of the 13/14.also how does the trackpad feels? dont u have to bend your hand in order to use it ?

2)doing so i will always be using the best display (4k120hz basically on these new macs) ,plus getting 10c CPU compared to mbp 14 ,as well as better cooling ,and much better battery
I'm new but want to chime in. Going through this dilemma now;

I wanted the MBP 14 but finding a true Thunderbolt-4, 120 Hz refresh rate monitor is a challenge still. I'm leaning towards the MBP-16 for the collection of advantages but primarily the bigger high quality screen.

Portability isn't an issue for me either as it's mainly a desktop replacement. We're moving to Thailand and my iMac 21.5 is too big to pack because the 2017 stand doesn't remove.

My wife's M1 MBA's screen is way too small for me. Plus... dongles.

Would these be good for a smart TV? If so, the MBP 14 would be better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.