Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

As an owner of MBP 2018 with 3rd gen keyboard, did you encounter *any* keyboard problems?

• Total voters

Crossbow.Wallaby

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Sorry I think they meant do I have it on the bench outside of the shower and the steam etc is causing condensation and getting into it, not do I actually take it in the shower with me haha.

I'm done fighting with them, I don't have the time for this garbage. I'll see what they come up with but I truly am never using an Apple product again. I may end up like that French guy who went nuts in an Apple store. Haha nah, but I understand why some people go completely nuts at them now.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Sorry I think they meant do I have it on the bench outside of the shower and the steam etc is causing condensation and getting into it, not do I actually take it in the shower with me haha

Does anyone even really do that though? That is why they make waterproof Bluetooth speakers. No way I would put a laptop on a bench outside the shower. Now using it as a paddleboard at the beach? naah. :)

Edit: Of course you can also get stonewalled the other way. My iPhone X keeps dropping bluetooth connection to headphones. I own 3 different pair and it does the same thing with all 3, yet after 3 appointments, there is nothing wrong with my phone. I guess all 3 headsets are simultaneously having the same failure? Not likely since they all work fine with my iMac, iPP, Surface Pro. They just all don't work with the perfectly fine phone :) But I guess that is better than trying to tell me that I have imaginary water damage to my supposedly IP67 water resistant phone?

Last edited:

navaira

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
My iPhone X keeps dropping bluetooth connection to headphones. I own 3 different pair and it does the same thing with all 3, yet after 3 appointments, there is nothing wrong with my phone. I guess all 3 headsets are simultaneously having the same failure?
But...Bluetooth is the future! Are you seriously complaining about the loss of the ancient, pre-medieval headphone jack? Your phone is future-proofed, the headphones are going to drop connection for years to come! Courage!

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
But...Bluetooth is the future! Are you seriously complaining about the loss of the ancient, pre-medieval headphone jack? Your phone is future-proofed, the headphones are going to drop connection for years to come! Courage!

Hahaha. Yeah. I said “dropping” which may not be quite right either. More like loud snapping and cracking, which is really loud and annoying in the ear. Louder than the music being played and borders between being annoying and painful.

The issue is it doesn’t do it all the time. So they run diagnostics that say my phone is in perfect health and the one time I was able to reproduce the issue on demand, they had me reset the phone and set it up as new.

Which of course worked like a charm.... until the next time it began to crackle and pop. I can always “fix” the issue by rebooting the i
Phone as well. But there is definitely an intermittent issue with it.

Crossbow.Wallaby

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Eh well I got my Macbook back.... They said they made an "error" and apologised profusely.
I honestly have no idea what to think of what happened. Put this one to the X Files I think.
Will de stress over the situation and decide If I'm going to throw it on eBay.

Natzoo

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
So with my 2018, some keys just stop clicking but if I force pressure on the key that does not work, it just clicks back and works. I am not sure if its dust or the dust is making the key disconnect, because I always hear a popping sound when I "fix" the key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.