Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rigtee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Belgium
Refurb iPhone X.

I was going to trade in my 7+ for a refurb but discovered you can only get new with the trade-in. I got the XS. It's brilliant.

Without the trade-in I would have just gone with the refurb. No contest.

Enjoy.

Great option as well, the main difference between the XR and the X being the OLED screen (although the XR has a better camera, better performance and especially better battery life!).

Your going to love the xr, which colour did you settle on?

I'm sure I'll love it, I've played a bit with my father's new XR and it's a truly awesome device! I'm quite torn for the colour choice actually: since long I've always had white phones...the black XR is appealing but too common. The red seems to be a good option!

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
XR ordered in white, 128GB version!

€680, great price. A €200 addition to the 6T price but worth it IMO, will keep it of course if it fulfils my needs ;)

Congrats, let us know your thought on it when you get it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I would return the 1+, and try the Xr.
If you don’t like xr you can return it too.
Agreed best option even for a stop gap price wise...
[doublepost=1556047840][/doublepost]
XR ordered in white, 128GB version!

€680, great price. A €200 addition to the 6T price but worth it IMO, will keep it of course if it fulfils my needs ;)
It’s important to get the OS you rather use....i found this out in the end returning to my max from the S10 plus.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Agreed best option even for a stop gap price wise...
[doublepost=1556047840][/doublepost]
It’s important to get the OS you rather use....i found this out in the end returning to my max from the S10 plus.

Talk about 180. When did you get back to iOS?
Honestly thought you were going to stick with the galaxy this time around, you seemed rather adamant about it.

Welcome back.

Rigtee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Belgium
Wanted to give you a review of my XR but haven't had the time since I received it...I'm enjoying it too much :D

What a great phone! As I said above, it wasn't the first time I played with one but man, those little touches on iOS are amazing! The haptic feedback is superb, the screen is one of the best LCD I've ever seen, battery life has impressed me so far, a HUGE step-up in power from the 6+ (and even from the 7+ I lost), etc. And I haven't tested the camera yet...

I'm also rediscovering the benefits of living in a unified ecosystem, the great Apple natives apps (like Notes), some awesome third-party apps (Things e.g.), ...

Some pictures of this new "family member" (;)) are below, thanks again for your answers!

IMG_0693.jpg IMG_0694.jpg IMG_0697.jpg IMG_0699.jpg

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Wanted to give you a review of my XR but haven't had the time since I received it...I'm enjoying it too much :D

What a great phone! As I said above, it wasn't the first time I played with one but man, those little touches on iOS are amazing! The haptic feedback is superb, the screen is one of the best LCD I've ever seen, battery life has impressed me so far, a HUGE step-up in power from the 6+ (and even from the 7+ I lost), etc. And I haven't tested the camera yet...

I'm also rediscovering the benefits of living in a unified ecosystem, the great Apple natives apps (like Notes), some awesome third-party apps (Things e.g.), ...

Some pictures of this new "family member" (;)) are below, thanks again for your answers!

View attachment 834232 View attachment 834233 View attachment 834234 View attachment 834235
Apple did nail the market and price point with the XR.

Reactions: Rigtee and Lekro

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London

View attachment 834232 View attachment 834233 View attachment 834234 View attachment 834235

Thanks for the review.
It’s also a big jump from the op6t back to iOS.

How do you like Face ID?

Reactions: Rigtee

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014

white looks really neat.....

Rigtee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Belgium
Thanks for the review.
It’s also a big jump from the op6t back to iOS.

How do you like Face ID?

So true, the perfect mix between hardware and software (even more with iOS 12) makes the XR a really good choice for a "low-price" iPhone; it's a great thing Apple went for the A12 like the XS/Max! Everything is really polished and well-thought ;)

Face ID is brilliant and as convenient as Touch ID before, the main advantage of a fingerprint being the ability to unlock the device on a table but FaceID works well for (un)hiding notifications easily and of course to reduce the bezels... It also works like a charm when it's dark!

white looks really neat.....

It does! It reminds me the look of a 4S...and white has always been one of Apple's most symbolic colours.

drmeatball

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2019
Ellicott City, MD
I know this is old but I’ve owned all 3.. 6T, 7 Plus and XR.

Love the XR.

Better battery life than the 6T (and that’s saying something), better camera than the 7 Plus (and that’s saying something, Unsane was filmed entirely with 7+) and better forma factor than both.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
IOS is a far superior system to Android and the security and Privacy is iOS top of list priorities which is important to most people

Rigtee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Belgium
True guys, thanks for your answers!

I've been having my XR for several months now and it has been a superb phone, as good as my 7+ if not better in some areas.

The battery life is definitely one of its biggest strengths, it lasts me easily a day, actually I rarely go under 40% even if I use it a lot. The camera is such a joy to use, I did miss a bit the dual lenses in the beginning but I'm glad that it has the same main APN as the XS; the video is insane btw, I always shoot in 4K and it is a pleasure to watch again on a bigger screen. Performance is top-notch as well, I wished it has 4GB of RAM for future-proofing but right now it is fine. The screen, even it is not OLED, is very good to my eyes, and I prefer having a better battery life than a better screen which won't be that noticeable anyway.

Anyway, for that price (which is still high but relatively lower than the XS's), the XR is really the bargain of the current line-up!

JerseyDoug

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Glad you are enjoying your XR. I just got mine two days ago. Previous phone was a 6s+, but upgrading to iOS 12.4 killed my battery life. Am much preferring FaceID to TouchID. And the battery life is great.

Continue enjoying your XR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.