Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
I guess I will agree with the rest of the folks here - get 8th gen IPad and some sort of stylus for note taking.
10.5 is old, battery wear and white spot risks are not worth it.
My 10.5 Pro had white spots and I had it replaced and sold the replacement unit right away.
I don't know when exactly, but if you can wait a few months, perhaps 9th gen ipad will be released, keep in mind tho that some rumors say that it will be based on 10.5 - slimmer with bigger screen than current 8th gen ipad so that new one could still develop the same white spot issues.

Reactions: BillyiPad95

JLat

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2017
I got my 10.5 via Apple Refurb. Under Apple Care until January when it will be two years since my purchase. No issues. The great audio keeps on amazing me!!!

Reactions: DanTSX

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
Never had any issues with bright spots on my iPad Pro 10.5. I’d still be happily using it now if my husband didn’t let my kids use it and damage the charging port.

Hello.

Look for a Logitech base Dock. You can charge the 10.5 pro through the Smart Keyboard port. It’s slow to charge, but it works. You can get this dock for about $50 on eBay as it is discontinued.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.