Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealDrJones

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2019
I went to the Apple Store the other day to have a look at the Macbooks, and at least the one I checked had the same problem.

It's pretty clear to me, that it's a Bug that many more, maybe all Macs currently have.

Sadly, I didn't think of checking an Intel Mac, too, to see if it's maybe a problem specific to M1 Macs.

rpmurray

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2017
Back End of Beyond
I went to the Apple Store the other day to have a look at the Macbooks, and at least the one I checked had the same problem.

It's pretty clear to me, that it's a Bug that many more, maybe all Macs currently have.

Sadly, I didn't think of checking an Intel Mac, too, to see if it's maybe a problem specific to M1 Macs.
No such problem with the 2020 27 inch Intel iMac I'm using to write this post. Maybe the intern they have working on the mouse driver for the Mx is having trouble working the kinks out?

ArkSingularity

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2022
This happens intermittently on my 2020 M1 as well. My theory is that it might have to do with Mac OS' power saving behavior, as this happens MUCH more frequently when the computer has been started after discharging to 0%. It's definitely an odd bug, restarting the computer usually fixes it for me.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
This happens intermittently on my 2020 M1 as well. My theory is that it might have to do with Mac OS' power saving behavior, as this happens MUCH more frequently when the computer has been started after discharging to 0%. It's definitely an odd bug, restarting the computer usually fixes it for me.
Yeah agree that it's odd. Also on a 2020 M1 and things has been fine for me since I restarted the computer last time which was a week ago. No trace or laggy mouse pointer or jumpy window movement and I've been using the computer extensively and disconnected and connected my USB-C display many times without problems.

Again; wonder what triggers it. 🤔
Interesting take there on discharging to 0% – I think I did that some week ago when I had a Unity project open that I think in som way drained the computer battery while it was sleeping. Maybe that could have anything to do with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.