Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
For the Mopar fans out there it seemed fitting... even though I have never been a decal-on-computer guy.

It’s not a Pro (392) and it’s not an Ultra (Demon). It’s a Max (Hellcat!)

tempImage8EJ1rz.jpg

Item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393940860208

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It's not MOPAR, but it is the first time I wanted a decal on my Mac.

17" PowerBook G4 1Ghz. (Yes, it works and yes, I still use it).

2022-03-26 11.51.59.jpg

Reactions: icanhazmac

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Wow that is pretty good. What do you use that machine for these days?
It's on 10.5.8 with 2GB ram and a 128GB mSATA3 SSD (via a IDE<>SSD adapter case). So, it's no speed demon but it isn't slow either. I mainly use it for web browsing when out at coffee shops. It has Airport Extreme, but I bought a PC wireless card (not shown) that allows me to connect to 5ghz networks (such as what you'd find at a coffee shop).

At home, light web browsing, word processing (Office 2008) and some light Photoshop work. It'll run CS4, but CS has a lighter foot print so I use that.

I'm in the process of cleaning up my garage into my personal space. When I get done I'm going to see about using it as some sort of terminal to access my book collection (which I intend to put into a database). Bluetooth is still usable, so I can also stream music from my NAS.

There's a whole other PowerPC community here on MacRumors dedicated to keeping old Macs viable, so web browsing is still possible if you're wondering about how I can still do that.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm not one for decals on my laptop either but that is tastefully done.
Thanks. At the time I put that on, I wanted something to represent my major use of that Mac. It'd been back and forth with me to various coffee shops so I could browse the internet while sipping coffee. At one time, it was also my son's connection to internet at the coffee shop through a short ethernet cable and Internet Sharing (his WiFi antenna on his iBook was bad). Those were good times.

I'm not a fan of stickers all over my Mac, so finding something that was simple and representative involved some searching. It's the only Mac I've ever done this to.

Reactions: icanhazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.