Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Ah I envy any FF owners, the image quality produce by a FF is just amazing. I tested my friend 5D before and totally blown out by the details, ISO 800-1000 is just like ISO 100-200 on APS-C

Here is a sample picture taken with my friend 5D, look at the details!!! (look at da eyes and tell me what you all see) :eek:
Click the thumbnail for a full view (50% compressed from original size)

Attachments

• IMG_7318.jpg
    IMG_7318.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111

Tom Sawyer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Enjoy your camera - the experience will improve once you've expanded your lens collection. High ISO performance is incredible with the camera. I went shooting in a fairly dark museum the first week I had my copy and came away with clean shots at ISO 3200. That's not something my old D2X could do.

FWIW, those 12mpx images are slow loaders and viewing this thread has become rather painful, and I am on a fast 30+ Mb connection. I would recommend avoiding posting full size images, or simply link to them with a size warning

That is pretty amazing to have clean usable shots at 3200!

Thanks for the heads up on the large images... I thought using the TIMG tag would help that out but looks like it is still bringing down the entire version to thumb it. Will update to links.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.