Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
My partner does a lot of Teams calls where she needs to see a lot of detailed presentations etc on the teams calls.

I want to see if I could use AirPlay to mirror teams on her Mac or iPad on our 4k tv via AirPlay.

Does anyone else use Teams in this way? Does it work well?

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
It's possible by using it as an extended display via AirPlay and putting Teams on that display, but I wouldn't recommend it. AirPlay is limited to 1080p, so you wouldn't be gaining more real estate even though it's a 4K TV...you'd be losing real estate. It can also be a bit laggy and show compression artifacts. You'd be better off connecting over HDMI to get the full 4K resolution, or getting a different monitor.

Also, in case your partner doesn't already know...you can zoom in on shared content during meetings/presentations. This is what I do if something is too small on my screen.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
It's possible by using it as an extended display via AirPlay and putting Teams on that display, but I wouldn't recommend it. AirPlay is limited to 1080p, so you wouldn't be gaining more real estate even though it's a 4K TV...you'd be losing real estate. It can also be a bit laggy and show compression artifacts. You'd be better off connecting over HDMI to get the full 4K resolution, or getting a different monitor.

Also, in case your partner doesn't already know...you can zoom in on shared content during meetings/presentations. This is what I do if something is too small on my screen.
Thank you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.