Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philrock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2015
Ventura, CA
iPad Air 2020

Will this model support two sets of earbuds? Hoping to have one connected by USB C and the other will be my PowerBeats Pro. If so, will the audio be independently controlled if the wired ones have volume control?

I am traveling more with my girlfriend and need an option for when we both want to watch something. If two sets aren't supported, what are some options that work well?

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
Testing this on my M1 iPad Pro, there is no way “out of the box” to listen to my wired headphones on USB-C at the same time as wireless Beats or Airpods. But if I begin listening with either my Beats Fit Pro or my Airpods Pro, I get the option to share. As I type this, I’m listing to Youtube with a Beats in my left ear and an AirPod Pro in my right ear and the volume can be adjusted independently for each.

Last edited:

Hans7D

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2018
The Netherlands
I spent a lot of time and energy to get this working for the same reason and found that the best solution is to get two sets of Apple Airpods Pro II. These work out of the box with modern iPads. Anything else will not work as smooth and third-party bluetooth adapters for two wireless earbuds are hit and miss in terms of functionality and reliability.

Reactions: philrock

philrock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2015
Ventura, CA
Thanks, @Hans7D and @CharlesShaw; I appreciate your feedback. I had a feeling this would be the case. I was hoping for a solution that didn't involve spending $150+ but sometimes that's the brakes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.