Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I don’t use Apple Music so why does my music app default to searching in Apple Music when I start typing in the search bar of the music app to find a song I want to play from my local playlists on my iPhone? Apple Music is ticked off in the settings page of the music app so no elements of Apple Music should be present in my music just like it was in iOS 17. Is there a way to stop search from defaulting to Apple Music in the music app on iOS 18?

Reactions: poocat

Orystal

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2023
Same since iOS 18 I have a lot of Apple Music elements active while I disabled it in the settings.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Because they want you to subscribe to Apple Music, perhaps? Looks like steering behavior to me.
Why would that be the case? i have Apple music toggled OFF in the settings of the music app to remove all elements of Apple music from my music app just like it was on ios 17

UliBaer

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2024
Germany
When - ever - Apple respected user settings?
Whenever you install an iOS update, Bluetooth is turned on, although it was explicitly turned off before!

"They" always know better than you or you're simply "searching it wrong". /s

;)

Reactions: sgtaylor5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.