Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwatters579

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
Hello All! I have spent about the past three months burning onto Apple Music (AKA iTunes) CDs that were compilations. Today, I finally decided to listen to music by a particular artist from those compilations. I was surprised to realize that they dont show in the Artist view in the Music app but I had to go "digging" for them within my library. Does anyone know how to make it so I can keep it as a compilation but be able to see the songs by that artist when i go into their artist page within the music app?

PutTheFBackIn

macrumors member
May 10, 2016
Hello All! I have spent about the past three months burning onto Apple Music (AKA iTunes) CDs that were compilations. Today, I finally decided to listen to music by a particular artist from those compilations. I was surprised to realize that they dont show in the Artist view in the Music app but I had to go "digging" for them within my library. Does anyone know how to make it so I can keep it as a compilation but be able to see the songs by that artist when i go into their artist page within the music app?

1) Right click the song (or songs)

2) Hit "Song Info"

3) Then click the "Sorting" tab

4) Change album artist to the name of the artist for that particular song

That should move the song to the artist in your music list while still keeping it marked as a compilation.

jwatters579

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
1) Right click the song (or songs)

2) Hit "Song Info"

3) Then click the "Sorting" tab

4) Change album artist to the name of the artist for that particular song

That should move the song to the artist in your music list while still keeping it marked as a compilation.
Thanks for the suggestion but, I am looking to accomlish this in the music app on my iPhone.

PutTheFBackIn

macrumors member
May 10, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion but, I am looking to accomlish this in the music app on my iPhone.

Oh yeah that’s not possible to change sorting from the phone. You can’t even edit metadata from mobile devices (on Apple Music). It has to be done on a computer in order to reflect any changes elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.