Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
Has anyone ever experienced issues with the music volume when their iPhone is connected to Bluetooth devices? My volume was extremely low on my iPhone 6 when connected to the Bluetooth of my Honda Civic stereo. I'm running iOS 8.4. After rebooting my phone, the volume was fine. It's happened in iOS 8.3 for me as well. Anyone have this issue?

FloridaGary

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
Yes. I turn up the volume much more when listening to a podcast over Bluetooth compared to live radio.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Has anyone ever experienced issues with the music volume when their iPhone is connected to Bluetooth devices? My volume was extremely low on my iPhone 6 when connected to the Bluetooth of my Honda Civic stereo. I'm running iOS 8.4. After rebooting my phone, the volume was fine. It's happened in iOS 8.3 for me as well. Anyone have this issue?

I have a Civic as well, and it I thought the music sounded a little bit lower than usual after I upgraded to 8.4, but I downgraded to 8.3 and it seems fine now. Maybe you're not the only one1

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
I have a Civic as well, and it I thought the music sounded a little bit lower than usual after I upgraded to 8.4, but I downgraded to 8.3 and it seems fine now. Maybe you're not the only one1

Yeah Jayson, with Apple Music I noticed a difference in volume right away when playing music on my car. I also have iTunes Match and the same thing. This issue I mentioned above was actually something else. I believe it's happened a few times both in iOS 8.3 and 8.4 where the volume sounds like it's turned down almost completely. I check my volume on my phone and it's maxed out. In fact today it was low, went up and low again on its own. I'm not sure what caused it but turning the Bluetooth on and off doesn't fix it. I have to either reboot my phone or turn the radio off and back on. When I connect my phone to my Sienna it sometimes plays but skips the songs like a scratched cd. Strange stuff and I realize a lot of iOS 8 adopters have had several issues with their Bluetooth. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Yeah Jayson, with Apple Music I noticed a difference in volume right away when playing music on my car. I also have iTunes Match and the same thing. This issue I mentioned above was actually something else. I believe it's happened a few times both in iOS 8.3 and 8.4 where the volume sounds like it's turned down almost completely. I check my volume on my phone and it's maxed out. In fact today it was low, went up and low again on its own. I'm not sure what caused it but turning the Bluetooth on and off doesn't fix it. I have to either reboot my phone or turn the radio off and back on. When I connect my phone to my Sienna it sometimes plays but skips the songs like a scratched cd. Strange stuff and I realize a lot of iOS 8 adopters have had several issues with their Bluetooth. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

I think the reason the volume is turning down on you is due to Facebook. This used to happen to me all the time, but quitting Facebook solved the issue. I eventually deleted Facebook completely and haven't had the volume lower by itself since. Worth a look at.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
I actually figured out how to restore the music level back to normal. Go to Music in settings and turn off "Sound Check". That should do the trick.

trythis

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2017
I have an iPhone 4 and didn't have half the options available to me for this same problem. My ringer volume on my phone is always at highest level but my volume for games is always low. But by accident yesterday, whilst I had my car in accessories mode, I turned the volume up on my phone and that changed the volume for my bluetooth audio in the car as well. So it seems, all you need to do is ensure your "phone volume" is high when using your car bluetooth audio!!

richard1941

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2019

richard1941

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2019
I have the same problem in my Tacoma pickup truck. With Bluetooth, the volume setting is limited to 15. Turning up the knob on the car radio momentarily brings the volume to a useful level, but some software somewhere in the radio or the iPhone detects that I can hear the program and immediately turns the volume down again. Music settings for volume limit, EQ, and sound check are all OFF.

I solved the problem by wired connection of the iPhone to the car radio USB port. But it would be nice to restore the blue tooth functionality. It used to work great. But now I don't have my flash drive with all the audio books for long road trips and there is one more wire cluttering my cockpit (besides ham radio, GPS, and radar warning receiver).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.