Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Original poster
-hh said:
I have a lot of UW fish photos that look like that too.

Here's a recent (last month) photo...we call it "Bird Feeder", since it was taken at our bird feeders...-hh

Ewwww....that's nasty! Not the photo technique, but the subject matter. *Shrug* But that's nature, of course.... "Survival of the fittest!"

SpAtZ

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
NY
Here is my favorite:
IMG_5251.jpg

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
SpAtZ said:
Here is my favorite:
I took a shot almost like that its posted in the bird feeder thread or something like that... i couldn't get close enough though dam snow!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
puckhead193 said:
I took a shot almost like that its posted in the bird feeder thread or something like that... i couldn't get close enough though dam snow!

I have a co-worker that has a "set-up" in his backyard - and what he has hared with us would be the envy of most photographers IMO.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Original poster
Chip NoVaMac said:
I really loved this shot!!!! Great eye there Connie!

Thank you again, Sir! :) Not sure right off the top of my head, would have to go look at the exif, if that was with the 105 or the 18-200.... I think it was with the 18-200, but am just not positive. This one I did crop a little; the other one is totally the way it came out of the camera, simply resized for web viewing......

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
SpAtZ said:
Here is my favorite:
(nice big cardinal)

Man, he had to have been close!

I suspect that this is similar to mine - - a good example of how to use your house as a bird blind :)

FWIW, mine was photo'ed through two sets of glass (french door & storm door). Depending on time of day lighting, these extra layers can ruin all photo-taking, unfortunately. Since more options is always better, I've been trying to talk my wife into letting me remove the screen from the window in our one bedroom to make for better winter birdfeeder photography...don't want to have a "lattice" effect from the screen.

-hh

jaminphx

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2006
I know that bird

I'm pretty sure that is Johnathan Livingston! He is faster that other gulls.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
fantastic!

that first pic is amazing. even if you meant to catch all of the bird. would make a wicked desktop. that pic of the hawk is great too...they're all neat.
what camera did you use? i've always wanted to get into photographer...amateur...just shoot stuff for myself. would love to get some great 'nature' shots.

well done!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Original poster
Keebler said:
that first pic is amazing. even if you meant to catch all of the bird. would make a wicked desktop. that pic of the hawk is great too...they're all neat.
what camera did you use? i've always wanted to get into photographer...amateur...just shoot stuff for myself. would love to get some great 'nature' shots.

well done!

Thanks! Yeah, I think I will use Jonathan Livingston as a desktop wallpaper for a while....

My camera is the Nikon D200 and the lens was either the 105mm, which I'd had on there for an earlier tabletop/still life session, or the 18-200. I'll have to check the exif to see...

I'm just an enthusiastic amateur myself -- I've loved photography ever since I was a little girl with my first Brownie and later in college with the wildly popular Instamatic. Eventually I got into shooting with SLRs, then spent a few years in Coolpix country, then just about a year ago got myself a D70. In November when the D200 was announced I knew I wanted one, so got on a pre-order list at my local store and in mid-December the D200 was in my eager little hands. Great camera, I really love it!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Original poster
...and here's the rest of him!

OK, the first photo of Jonathan Livingston (his tail) was shot with the 18-200mm lens zoomed out to 200, f/11, 1/640 sec, at an ISO of 800.

Here's the rest of him!

58921037-L.jpg

D200, 18-200mm lens at 200mm, f/11, 1/1250 sec, ISO 800

pashazade

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2004
Richmond, London, UK
Clix Pix said:
OK, the first photo of Jonathan Livingston (his tail) was shot with the 18-200mm lens zoomed out to 200, f/11, 1/640 sec, at an ISO of 800.

Here's the rest of him!

D200, 18-200mm lens at 200mm, f/11, 1/1250 sec, ISO 800

I love this picture and the tail one :)

My personal two favourites are these, both taken locally in Richmond.

RichmondRobin02.jpg

RichmondRobin01.jpg

I like the blurred one a lot, but of course it was down to luck.

pashazade

SpAtZ

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
NY
That cardinal was a result of three hours dug into the snow with a few unbrellas(since it was snowing). I was about 10 feet away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.