Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Another good news. I received a call from my wife with Bose and she didn't complain about my voice so its microphone should be alright.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
And now I finally picked them up and have decided to keep them. Having bought and returned four different headphones models in the past few months I'm glad to finally have my pick.

I had the same issue with the QC35s. It feels like there's "pressure" in my ears, it's very discomforting. The sad thing is, noise canceling might be useful on a plane, but because the QC35s don't let you turn it off, I'd have to live with it all the time, and I don't fly enough to have to deal with that.

Also I wanted to try the Beats Solo 3, but I couldn't get the floor model in Best Buy to pair with my phone. Nothing I did worked, and the employees were unhelpful. Ah well, these are probably more comfy. :)
My Bose QC25's give me a headache after an hour or so. It's from the ANC. Just a bit to much for me. I've gone with the Sennheiser Momentum M2 Wireless Over-ear and although the ANC is not as good as the Bose, it works well, sounds better and doesn't give me the pressure feeling I get with the Bose.
[doublepost=1476815870][/doublepost]
Love my QC35, extremely comfortable with pleasing (not best) audio quality and excellent noise cancellation. As others have said, I do wish there was a toggle for the noise cancellation feature when using it wirelessly as sometimes I don't need/want to drown out outside noises (I have little kids so can't use the headphones when "babysitting"). Hasn't stopped me enjoying the headphones though.

My previous wireless headphones were the sennheiser mm550x, which were nice and compact for a pair of noise cancelling headphones, but they were pretty tight on my head and got uncomfortable after about 30 mins, as well as choppy audio quality and decreased fidelity when ANC was turned on.

I find the battery widget somewhat useful, but with the excellent battery life, and the fact that it announces the approximate (to the nearest 10%) battery life when your turn it on, the widget is kinda redundant.

IMO, they are one of the finest wireless headphones that I've tried and quite possibly the best wireless ANC headphones at the moment so you can't really go wrong (if money isn't an object, that is).
I have the Sennheiser MM500-X, which is the 550-X without the ANC. VERY nice, light and great sounding headphones imo. I still use them after 4 years. My new Momentum M2 Over The Ear Wireless are BT4.0 (also features NFC pairing, not that it matters to iPhone users) and the battery life is insane. Also, on phone calls, I can hear my own voice through the ear pieces which makes talking on the phone much easier as I can actually hear myself speaking thus I do not have to speak as loudly.

Last edited:

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
Have yet to test them outdoors and in the train, but so far they seem pretty great. Better comfort-wise then others I've tested (Parrot Zik, Beats Studio Wireless, a few on-ear headphones). I wasn't blown away by sound quality, but they might need to "warm up" (run in?) because they're just a day old.

So overall great, but not sure if I'll keep them or go for wireless earbuds like BeatsX. There's price, portability and versatility (ANC vs using while running). My current wired in-ear buds have been great for the last four years and I plan to get a worthy replacement that'll last for the same amount of years or more.

MajesticNJ

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Central NJ
I had the same issue with the QC35s. It feels like there's "pressure" in my ears, it's very discomforting.

It's funny. I've heard many people say there is added pressure but the headphones don't add any pressure they just cancel out low frequency noise. Either way, in the end I guess you have to be comfortable wearing them and clearly you weren't.

I have owned QC2s, QC3s, QC15s, and now own a pair of QC25s and the earbud QC20s. I'm thinking of getting the QC30s to replace my 20s.

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
It's funny. I've heard many people say there is added pressure but the headphones don't add any pressure they just cancel out low frequency noise. Either way, in the end I guess you have to be comfortable wearing them and clearly you weren't.

I have owned QC2s, QC3s, QC15s, and now own a pair of QC25s and the earbud QC20s. I'm thinking of getting the QC30s to replace my 20s.
Well sound is created by variations in pressure so there is pressure placed on their eardrums. The headphones don't deal pressure in or anything, so there's that. Some people are just more sensitive to different kinds of sound. When I used to have a subwoofer in my car my wife always said it hurt her ears, if I turned it up; didn't bother me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.