Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Yeah, its time without a signal that drains the battery. I also found that I had a nasty kernel wake lock that was keeping my phone awake for about 4 hours while the screen is off. This meant battery used by Android OS was like 12%. Apparently using a static IP solves the type of wake lock I had, so I've tried that. Hope it works!

----------

Another feature I'd like is Androids multitasking switcher. You get to scroll vertically between previews of apps and simply swipe to close them. Its quicker than using wiggle mode!

Im almost never without signal. Its the actual radio on standby thats using loads of battery.

matttye

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Im almost never without signal. Its the actual radio on standby thats using loads of battery.

You're right actually.

8h 43m 27s on battery.
1h 34m 26s screen on.

53% battery remaining.
28% of battery has been used by screen and 25% has been used by cell standby!

Time without a signal is only 7% this time so can't be that. I'll look into it and report back if I find anything that helps.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
You're right actually.

8h 43m 27s on battery.
1h 34m 26s screen on.

53% battery remaining.
28% of battery has been used by screen and 25% has been used by cell standby!

Time without a signal is only 7% this time so can't be that. I'll look into it and report back if I find anything that helps.

21 hours cell standby has used a total of 32% of my battery (63% of 51% used). Only 3% w/o signal.

Well that would equate to 63 hours of complete standby. My iPhone 4 would have lasted like a week I'm sure. I wonder....I wonder if the radios in these things are way inefficient, or there's a way of toning down the power draw :/

Last edited:

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
If I had to choose "10 new features," these would be it:

-Better inter-app communication
-Siri API
-Spotlight API
-Accounts for iPad
-Maps with Turn-by-Turn directions
-Ability to set default calendar, mail, web client, and any song as ringtone or alert
-Widgets (preferably in the unused part of the spotlight screen, not NC)
-Better multitasking interface
-New safari with Top Sites, password saving, unified bar
-Facebook integration

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.