Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
One more MBA thought, right or wrong. MBP and rMB both are essentially wireless notebooks without much in the way of built-ins like USB ports, SD card readers, mag-safes, etc., which is Apple dictating or telling us what we should have. Let the MacBook Air keep these features alive like the 2017 edition, while keeping the screen and chips updated. I have tons of files on external USB drives from old works of mine. If you want to let Apple dictate what you should or shouldn't have and want to buy adapters, etc. for their other notebooks, the rMB and MBP are wonderful choices.
They wouldn't eliminate ports on their Pro models and keep them on the Air. Doesn't make sense. If any model keeps the ports it's the Pro.

Regarding the new Air, I feel like Apple is trying to build sales off a name. Pathetic. The MBA was a bit hit for them for years, people loved that machine, so now it's updated but there is very little of what made it unique and special to begin with remaining. Other than the wedge shape, I see nothing about the old Air in the new one. If you want to make an impression with the new Air, make it much lighter than the MBP, get rid of the MB, make it a true Air once again. Right now it's just a worse version of the Pro IMO at a too-close price point.

Reactions: auduchinok
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.