Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timberpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2017
WI USA
Under the carrier line in About Phone if you tap on Carrier on a Verizon IPhone 6S a line called NAI pops up and is your mobile number @vzims.com or @vzw3g.com. What does this mean and what is this used for? The PRL, and Voice and IMS are also displayed after you click on carrier too find this information.

Reactions: AMFDL

Timberpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2017
WI USA

chrisfarker

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2018
[doublepost=1501981058][/doublepost]This shows me how too configure that if I was a sprint customer and I could go on there and play around too see what the functions of this is, but I’m on Verizon so that will not be an option.

A subsequent search:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4282

In short:
In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
standardized method for identifying users. This document defines the
syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
submitted by the client during network authentication. "Roaming" may
be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal, customer-vendor
relationship with only one. Examples of where roaming capabilities
might be required include ISP "confederations" and ISP-provided
corporate network access support.

angelmurrietta

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2020
verisonwireless.com (not verizon.com) was used to alter my service provider, plan, and ability to access any information about who owns the corporate account that is now in control of my device, plan description, any info at all. I’ve been removed from my original plan and placed on an international business account while in the United States. Every call I make to a US number is charged international roaming charges now. Fraud, piracy, theft...who knows. I do know it all started the same time this NAI number was changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.