Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I want to buy a new iMac and get the extra $75 off from macmall.com, but I'm afraid that they are lowing the price because they want to clear out these iMac's possibly to make room for new one's?

Does anyone see speed bumps or any kind of upgrade coming soon to the iMac line(ie: is this a good time to buy a new iMac)?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Any time is a good time to buy a computer.

Because right after they update the iMac there may be another rumor of another update. Then you will be waiting again.

Just buy the damn computer, i bought my newest powerbook knowing their "could" be an update soon (that was a month ago and still no update) and didn't care, i am happy with my computers even if they do become outdated so to speak

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I totally agree with you eva01, there will always be rumors of an upgrade. However, I just want the thing to be new for more than a week. I'd like to get about 3 months out of it..... otherwise I'll wait. Sorry if I came off as one of those people who just wait, wait, and wait becuase there could be something better around the corner.... of course there's something better around the corner!!

Its just that there are sometimes when waiting a week could help you out big time. I just want to makesure that I won't be regreating this in a week's time...

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
If you're worried, buy a refurbished one. Even if a new one comes out soon (which it probably won't for awhile), you'll still have a good deal. And you will get to enjoy it now instead of waiting for a tiny speed boost.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
i bought an iBook G3 and then 12 days later (2 days after i could return it) they came out with the G4 iBook, did i regret my purchase? No, because it could still do what i bought it for (word processing, internet, and email)

As my needs for a computer gradually increased i then got my powerbook and then a powermac and another powerbook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.