Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

New iPad Air 13" 128 GB vs. refurbished 12.9-inch iPad Pro 256GB (5th Generation)

• New iPad Air 13" 128 GB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Megadeth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2014
Hi all. I currently have an iPad (9th gen) and looking to upgrade to a larger-screened model, either the new iPad Air 13" 128 GB or a refurbished 12.9-inch iPad Pro 256GB (5th Generation).

I use them as consumption devices for the standard things like streaming media, web browsing, social media, etc. The ability to use the Pro to connect to my monitor for light word processing and PDF annotations is appealing. I also like the addition of Face ID on the Pro vs. Touch ID on the iPad Air.

I was ready to purchase the new Air, but the specs of a refurbished 12.9-inch iPad Pro 256GB (5th Generation) for almost the same price as the Air make it very appealing.

Since it's a three-year old model, thoughts on its longevity for at least 3-4 years of use?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I would take the third generation Pro 12.9 over the latest Air M2 12.9

Even if the Pro just came with 64 gigs

Even if the Pro cost more

Don’t see anything in the Air that’s an upgrade from the 10th Generation honestly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.