Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jefro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
Just got my iPad Pro M1 11’

Wi-Fi and 5G! So far I’m impressed! I love this thing! And I’ve been playing COD Mobile with a PS4 controller! So much fun! I’m glad I didn’t go with the 12’

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
As a fellow owner of that exact same iPad bar the 5G, I agree 😄 although the size is a personal choice.

I haven’t played COD Mobile on it though, I should give that a go really, and I have a PS4 controller I don’t use anymore.

Reactions: Jefro and sorgo †

MayaUser

macrumors 68040
Nov 22, 2021
Just got my iPad Pro M1 11’
View attachment 2080278
Wi-Fi and 5G! So far I’m impressed! I love this thing! And I’ve been playing COD Mobile with a PS4 controller! So much fun! I’m glad I didn’t go with the 12’
why are you glad you didnt went for the 13" for gaming with controller and mini-Led would be a far better choice
Probably a money thing.

Last edited:

Jefro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
As a fellow owner of that exact same iPad bar the 5G, I agree 😄 although the size is a personal choice.

I haven’t played COD Mobile on it though, I should give that a go really, and I have a PS4 controller I don’t use anymore.
why are you glad you didnt went for the 13" for gaming with controller and mini-Led would be a far better choice
Probably a money thing.
I wanted more portable iPad! 12 was a little too big for me personally

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Debating on the m1 iPad Air, 11 inch iPad Pro, or 12.9 iPad Pro all with the Magic Keyboard and pencil thingy… my only concern about the 12.9 is it is too big
You should try it at the store. I have 11” due to 12.9” is closed to 13” MBA which I already had.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Me too, I looked at the new iPad Mini and the 13" Pro but I settled on the one in the middle, it was just right for me. Since I got it in February I haven't gone a day without using it.
I’m the same. Use it all the time. The 11 inch hits the sweet spot for me. I put a skin on it for a bit of scratch protection and also have the pencil and Magic Keyboard. I rarely ever use my laptop.

Jefro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
What skin did you use
I’m the same. Use it all the time. The 11 inch hits the sweet spot for me. I put a skin on it for a bit of scratch protection and also have the pencil and Magic Keyboard. I rarely ever use my laptop.
what Skin did you use?

chevyboy60013

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
possibly may be getting an 11 inch generation 3 iPad Pro this morning, was talking to a friend of mine who said he upgraded to the 12.9 inch, and too late to return this one, plus it supposedly has cellular as well which will be good. Supposedly only a month old, so if that's the case and its as nice as he says I will have 2 awesome iPads, my air 3 and then the pro.

chevyboy60013

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2021
Well bought the 11 inch iPad Pro 3rd gen from my friend. Has cellular and the magic keyboard with a screen protector as well, so now I have 2 very nice iPads to play with and likely very future proof as well. It also had the smart folio cover also with it so it was an awesome deal.

Reactions: Pezimak

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I got a Steam Deck yesterday, I really like it and it gives me access to games I can’t play otherwise, I have a Kindle Paperwhite I love to use for reading and I also have a Xbox Series X I really enjoy.

But my most favourite gadget is STILL my iPad Pro. It just does everything really. All my devices have a purpose and a few of them were gifts, I used birthday money i got to put towards my iPad, but I still am enjoying my iPad Pro the most.

I even had a bash at COD Mobile with my PS4 controller the other day and blitzed everyone else lol, but then it wanted to out me into ranked games.
I think the speed and power the iOad has is part of the attraction for me. It’s just so flipping fast and smooth.

I’ve got Wreckfest pre-ordered for my iPad that I’m looking forward to.

Reactions: blkjedi954

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
I got an 11" 5g M1 pro as well. Definitely a beast of a tablet, can't wait for Warzone mobile to come out next year

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I got a Steam Deck yesterday, I really like it and it gives me access to games I can’t play otherwise, I have a Kindle Paperwhite I love to use for reading and I also have a Xbox Series X I really enjoy.

I’ve been tempted to get the Steam Deck or Ayaneo Air. However, I keep thinking that I should wait for faster RDNA 2 or 3 integrated graphics.

Reactions: redcarlsen

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I’ve been tempted to get the Steam Deck or Ayaneo Air. However, I keep thinking that I should wait for faster RDNA 2 or 3 integrated graphics.

They have RDNA 2 now I think in the Steam Deck and the new GPD Win 4 (which looks like a PSP!) or Aya Neo 2. Its been really cool playing Steam games on the Deck, I’ve got StarCraft 2 on it even!

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
They have RDNA 2 now I think in the Steam Deck and the new GPD Win 4 (which looks like a PSP!) or Aya Neo 2.

I don’t think they have Aya Neo 2 available for sale/crowdfunding yet.

Its been really cool playing Steam games on the Deck, I’ve got StarCraft 2 on it even!

Did you have to install Windows for that? How’s the battery life?

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
I don’t think they have Aya Neo 2 available for sale/crowdfunding yet.

Did you have to install Windows for that? How’s the battery life?

No, you have to go into the Linux desktop and you install the Blizzard app into Steam, then you can install your games.
Battery life isn't the best really, but I've not really looked into changing the graphics and refresh rate, FOS etc ti improve it.
And yea they just announced the Neo 2 I think? So not sure when it can be crowd funded.

Reactions: rui no onna

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
Well bought the 11 inch iPad Pro 3rd gen from my friend. Has cellular and the magic keyboard with a screen protector as well, so now I have 2 very nice iPads to play with and likely very future proof as well. It also had the smart folio cover also with it so it was an awesome deal.
What did it set you back for? Curious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.