Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
How much do you guys and gals appreciate the MK’s trackpad? Is that the main benefit for you over the Smart Keyboard Folio, or are the other features more important for you?

And yes I also find the 12.9” too big. I think I would be happy with up to about a 12” though. My intent is to buy whatever 11-12” model comes out with 5G and mini-LED, likely along with the Magic Keyboard. Right now I have the 10.5” with Smart Keyboard. I also have a Magic Mouse 2 and Pencil for it but I rarely use either.

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
How much do you guys and gals appreciate the MK’s trackpad? Is that the main benefit for you over the Smart Keyboard Folio, or are the other features more important for you?

And yes I also find the 12.9” too big. I think I would be happy with up to about a 12” though. My intent is to buy whatever 11-12” model comes out with 5G and mini-LED, likely along with the Magic Keyboard. Right now I have the 10.5” with Smart Keyboard. I also have a Magic Mouse 2 and Pencil for it but I rarely use either.
Backlit keyboard is actually the biggest improvement for me. I'm a night owl and I couldn't see the keys lounging around in the dark.

I'd say the trackpad is probably next as it finally enables the usage of the iPad for remote desktop work, something I've been focused on seeing the iPad enable since the very first days. In other respects, the trackpad hasn't been that useful yet since trackpad support is so new to iOS. I also find myself "sticking" to the trackpad sometimes when I should be using the touch screen instead, which is sort of ironic.

The higher quality keyboard is nice, but wasn't ever really a deal breaker for me. I do like it, but I would probably take fabric keys if it lowered the weight.

Reactions: EugW

Vdovin

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2019
The more time I spent thinking whether to get 11” or the 12.9” the more I leant towards the smaller option.

It really depends what you are using it for. On top of that we already have a Mac book air and Mac book pro getting a 12.9” was an overkill.

Spending a bit of time in the shop looking at both and getting a feel for both sizes, 11 in my opinion is just more compact and easily used in small places like plane or train journeys.

Getting out a huge tablet out of a bag and placing on a small table seemed not a great option for me personally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.