Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From the timeframes below, select the one that you think is most likely

• October 2018

Votes: 64 69.6%
  • November-December 2018

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • First quarter of 2019

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Second quarter of 2019

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Second half of 2019

• Other / No specific opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meteoreos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
Midlands, UK
What do you think? I reckon there’s probably too much for Apple to get through for them to unveil the next gen iPad Pros. But I am keeping my fingers crossed regardless.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
You can order an iPad Pro (with engraving) for delivery next week. Stock is normal. There are no new iPads this month.

There's no time for Apple to deliver so much content in a single keynote. Apple's major revenue sources are iPhone and Services (Music, TV, news). Wearables are next. It makes no sense to talk about iPad when Apple is investing so heavily on original programming content.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
You can order an iPad Pro (with engraving) for delivery next week. Stock is normal. There are no new iPads this month.

There's no time for Apple to deliver so much content in a single keynote. Apple's major revenue sources are iPhone and Services (Music, TV, news). Wearables are next. It makes no sense to talk about iPad when Apple is investing so heavily on original programming content.

This. iPad rumors have somewhat gone quiet over the last few weeks. I think they are going to wait another month or so.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
It’s possible since the only other things to be announced are Apple Watch and iPhone’s.
[doublepost=1536701849][/doublepost]

Of course there is, at the 2017 WWDC they announced a lot of products and software, if Apple want too they can extend the keynote to over its usual 2 hour time.

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
It’s possible since the only other things to be announced are Apple Watch and iPhone’s.
[doublepost=1536701849][/doublepost]

Of course there is, at the 2017 WWDC they announced a lot of products and software, if Apple want too they can extend the keynote to over its usual 2 hour time.
You are missing the point.

iPhone needs all the spotlight. iWatch is complimentary to that so that is released tomorrow. Everything else will be next month or november.
its not about if they can cram it in its about iPhone needs to be solo :)

Reactions: Cape Dave

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

It's not just about keynote time, it's also about media focus. Does Apple want quality or quantity?

A fire launch of iPhone, Watch, AirPods, AirPower, Apple original programming, and iPad Pro means a couple of those items will lose media focus. Consumers don't want to read a 1,500 word article on all those things. Apple staggers launches like iPad and iPad Pro for a good reason.

Reactions: Ralfi

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
For very good reason Apple never overshadow the iPhone launch with too many other products. It’s their first, second and third priority - if Apple Watch and a couple of accessories are also announced, that’s plenty enough alongside.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
You are missing the point.

iPhone needs all the spotlight. iWatch is complimentary to that so that is released tomorrow. Everything else will be next month or november.
its not about if they can cram it in its about iPhone needs to be solo :)

They did exactly that at the 2015 iPhone event where the iPad Pro and Apple Watch were announced at the same event.
[doublepost=1536703619][/doublepost]
It's not just about keynote time, it's also about media focus. Does Apple want quality or quantity?

A fire launch of iPhone, Watch, AirPods, AirPower, Apple original programming, and iPad Pro means a couple of those items will lose media focus. Consumers don't want to read a 1,500 word article on all those things. Apple staggers launches like iPad and iPad Pro for a good reason.

There’s no mention of Apple announcing anything to do with original programming at tomorrow’s event. It wouldn’t be the first time that we’ve seen iPhones and iPads at the same event. October could be for Mac’s but putting iPad Pro into a Mac event doesn’t seem to make sense, I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
They did exactly that at the 2015 iPhone event where the iPad Pro and Apple Watch were announced at the same event.
I think in 2015 as there wasn’t going to be enough iPad news for an October event they bolted it on - in this case iPads and macs in October makes more sense imo.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I think in 2015 as there wasn’t going to be enough iPad news for an October event they bolted it on - in this case iPads and macs in October makes more sense imo.

Wasn’t going to be enough? It was the first gen iPad Pro that hadn’t been announced before, if they wanted too they could of held an October event for it.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
There’s no mention of Apple announcing anything to do with original programming at tomorrow’s event. It wouldn’t be the first time that we’ve seen iPhones and iPads at the same event. October could be for Mac’s but putting iPad Pro into a Mac event doesn’t seem to make sense, I guess we will find out tomorrow.

At minimum, I would expect an update or preview about original programming, similar to AirPower. I don't think Apple will turn on the taps suddenly in 2019. A 6.5" iPhone can be used for more than just browsing Facebook or Twitter.

Look at the way iPad Pro is moving to USB-C. That product is moving towards a productivity device more than ever.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
At minimum, I would expect an update or preview about original programming, similar to AirPower. I don't think Apple will turn on the taps suddenly in 2019. A 6.5" iPhone can be used for more than just browsing Facebook or Twitter.

Look at the way iPad Pro is moving to USB-C. That product is moving towards a productivity device more than ever.

I don’t expect original programming to be announced until next year when they have something ready.

It’s going to take more than USB-C to make the iPad Pro a full laptop replacement, at the moment the Surface Pro is winning that one! Apple need to catch up in that department in a serious way!

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Wasn’t going to be enough? It was the first gen iPad Pro that hadn’t been announced before, if they wanted too they could of held an October event for it.
Yeah a single, experimental expensive/ niche model of iPad probably felt like a bit of a flimsy case at the time when iPad sales were still in free fall - maybe they thought people would pay more attention if they announced it alongside iPhone where they get their maximum audience. Now with iPad sales stabilised, the big formfactor change (iPad Pro was largely just a stretched air with pen input) and actually having some macs to announce too it’s a very different situation...

Ferc Kast

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
The Multiverse

ALLEGEDLY moving to USB-C. Personally, I think it's more likely that they'll switch out the Lightning to USB-A cables currently included for the Lightning to USB-C cable if there is any cable change tomorrow.

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010

Yes but it was different. No point doing an event just for PRO iPad.
Regardless, I'm waiting for the iPad updates as I wanna get one but I just know that it won't be tomorrow. Simple :)

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
I don’t expect original programming to be announced until next year when they have something ready.

It’s going to take more than USB-C to make the iPad Pro a full laptop replacement, at the moment the Surface Pro is winning that one! Apple need to catch up in that department in a serious way!

I love my IPP’s, but I imagine given the horsepower of the current Pros they could get MacOS to work on an iPad.

Reactions: RJ_Online93

CGoodlet26

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Will it? Won’t it? No point in arguing. We will all find out tomorrow. Less than a day to wait. Yipeee!
I'm feeling less optimistic about them by the minute but knowing the event is officially under the 24hr mark is getting me pretty hype again!

Reactions: eVolcre
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.