Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From the timeframes below, select the one that you think is most likely

• October 2018

Votes: 64 69.6%
  • November-December 2018

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • First quarter of 2019

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Second quarter of 2019

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Second half of 2019

• Other / No specific opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alaxlmartin

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2018
After 2 bungles of releases, and the 2 IPad Pro models being long in the tooth, will Apple actually show up and put one out. My 1st Gen is OK but getting long in the tooth with A9X and a slight crack in the bottom.

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
After 2 bungles of releases, and the 2 IPad Pro models being long in the tooth, will Apple actually show up and put one out. My 1st Gen is OK but getting long in the tooth with A9X and a slight crack in the bottom.
Probably, with the iPads A10 based and the iPhone moving on to A12 I think we'll see something in a separate event, maybe next month along with the rumored Macbook Air replacement.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Probably, with the iPads A10 based and the iPhone moving on to A12 I think we'll see something in a separate event, maybe next month along with the rumored Macbook Air replacement.

Usually when does Apple do their October event? Late October? I think apple is still supposedly going to release updated macbooks

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Usually when does Apple do their October event? Late October? I think apple is still supposedly going to release updated macbooks
When they do have an October event (they haven't consistently had one every year, including not having one last year) it tends to be in the second half of October. Their October event and iPad/Mac release schedule hasn't been consistent enough that I would even want to guess when they might be released though, I'm just betting that the iPad Pros and probably some of the Mac lineup will be updated sometime before the holiday shopping season. Could also just be a press release rather than an event.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
According to Mark Gurman, yes:

Through the rest of 2018, the world’s most valuable public company will launch three new iPhones, revamped iPad Pros, Apple Watches with larger screens, a new entry-level laptop with a sharper screen, a pro-focused Mac mini desktop computer and new accessories like the AirPower wireless charger.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....product-blitz-with-iphone-xs-line-new-watches

So far he's been right on the money so hope he is right about the ipad pro coming out this yr

CB98

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2018
So far he's been right on the money so hope he is right about the ipad pro coming out this yr
As far as I know Kuo says it too.
[doublepost=1536790962][/doublepost]
When they do have an October event (they haven't consistently had one every year, including not having one last year) it tends to be in the second half of October. Their October event and iPad/Mac release schedule hasn't been consistent enough that I would even want to guess when they might be released though, I'm just betting that the iPad Pros and probably some of the Mac lineup will be updated sometime before the holiday shopping season. Could also just be a press release rather than an event.
I doubt it’ll be a press release - the iPad update is the biggest ever.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
I’m going to be “that guy” and say nothing until 2019. It’s not that I want that to happen, but I just don’t see why Apple would bother with iPad in October. Sure one could say for the holiday season they would, but most people buy iPhones for for gifts during the holidays (not iPads)... or at least not iPad Pros, but cheaper iPads instead.

Kallum.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

Responding to the Thread title. I am gonna say No iPad Pro in 2018.
Maybe a iPad Pro in 2019 March

Thats my worst case scenario/best guess Since I traded in my 2016 iPad Pro 9.7" at Apple yesterday
I Could not pass up $250.

Now I must wait.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
There was no iPad Pro announcement earlier this week, so what are people's thoughts on the iPad Pro schedule?

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
I feel like this discussion has been had in multiple threads on this board over the last few weeks.

Mods, can you make a sticky and throw all these “when does the next xyz arrive” on there to keep them together?

Last edited:
Reactions: muzzy996

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
It’s likely that any fall announcement will be after the initial iPhone rush. The XR is what the 19th? So maybe announce that week, launch the week after or even announce that week and launch in Nov. That is if they don’t wait until March again. I’m hoping not myself. Plus a new iPad Pro with wireless charging would be a great time to launch the power mat in time for the holidays.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
There was no iPad Pro announcement earlier this week, so what are people's thoughts on the iPad Pro schedule?
Its Marketing class 101.
Don't steal the thunder. Apple made 4 Big releases.
3 iPhones and a new Apple watch. And had Huge Press.
Had they included new iPad Pros, New Headphones Beats, New MacMini. They would have had the same amount of Press only the non-iPhones products would have been lost.
Now after 9-21-18. They announced a New Event in Mid October for the Holiday Gifts everyone wants.

New BEATs headphones for the kids
New MacMini for the Grandparents
New iPad Pros for all the Dads
Its gonna be a Holiday themed event

CB98

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2018
100% October. November release too late for Xmas rush. Gurman and Kuo both say release in 2018 (not 2019). Apple has track record of October events. My thoughts.

Reactions: flur and profets

CB98

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2018
I still say November because the XRs are launching on 10-19. The first iPad Pro launched in November so that's not out of the realm of possibility.
But it was announced in September alongside the iPhones. So most likely is an October/November event with an imminent pre-Xmas rush release.

willentrekin

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
US
Any reason behind this particular date? Or shot in the dark?

Educated guess based on previous years' October events, and that preorders for iPhone Xr start on the Friday before then. I'd think they'd want all the preorders in before the next event, perhaps to highlight and perhaps not to overshadow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.