Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

throwaway738382

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
iPhone 11 and Macbook Air early 2014

I've recently stopped being able to sync my music from the music app (Catalina, so basically iTunes) to my iPhone. These songs weren't purchased on iTunes, most of them were downloaded from the internet (let's not get into legal and ethical issues here, please.) My older music syncs fine, or at least when I connect my iPhone via USB cable they're not deleted from my iPhone or anything. It's just the songs from the past day or two that won't show up on the iPhone. They play fine in iTunes/Music, but nothing syncs to my phone. They're not any different from my older songs format wise. 256kbps AAC 44100. And this started happening only a few days ago. I haven't updated my computer or iPhone or changed any settings.

Things I've tried:

-deleting all music off my phone and resyncing - syncs everything fine EXCEPT for the new "corrupted" music :)

-restarting my phone and computer like 6 times

-restoring my iPhone and putting back all the data on it

Would it be possible that the files are corrupt or have some sort of DRM/copyright protection on them? Why would this happen all of a sudden? Have I downloaded too much music illegaly and now the Apple overlords want to punish me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.