Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I'm curious. Is there an intent behind them? They're properly exposed strawberries, but is there anything more to the shots? My questions come from seeing a lot of photos all of the time, but without something that lets me know a photo is definitely a "insert your name here" photo, it begins to run together as simply stock imagery.

The whole purpose for me posting these images is see what people think of them, I do post my photos on flickr but most of them are standard wow, good job kind of comments and mac rumors, gives me sometimes a little more depth to the comments. and also still learning photography, I am self taught and learning everyday and every time I can get many eyes looking and critiquing I will :) and I am also looking into getting into stock photography.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
The whole purpose for me posting these images is see what people think of them, I do post my photos on flickr but most of them are standard wow, good job kind of comments and mac rumors, gives me sometimes a little more depth to the comments. and also still learning photography, I am self taught and learning everyday and every time I can get many eyes looking and critiquing I will :) and I am also looking into getting into stock photography.

I think he meant "artistic intent." I just think he was trying to clarify if you were trying to become a photographer-as-artist, or photographer-as-profession (and rarely do the two align, unless you're just ungodly good). ;)

macgfxdesigner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Photography as a profession one day, my dream is to become a mission photographer and capture the need of countries in need and tell their stories and raise support through photographs.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Photography as a profession one day, my dream is to become a mission photographer and capture the need of countries in need and tell their stories and raise support through photographs.

Sounds depressing. I would much rather take pictures of happy things. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.