Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah that makes sense. an update to the Intel Mac Pro is due too.

Also do you think the Mac Studio will come out in this march event?
Only thing i know is the software still full of severely bug, i doesn't have any idea more than that.

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
how can he be guessing when OP reported the Mac Studio name before anyone did.
can you test that? guys from imore already knew from Thursday and made a video about it next day on March 4
So , again a lot of people knew about the name last week
And from the past, i take this with a grain of salt...people here, already been here in 2016 with the same "i see, i have somebody, i saw 2-3 prototypes " with the 2016 macbook pro
And if he is wrong with the number of cores for example, he will come here and say, i told you it was a prototype excuse
So, again, with no real leaks from him, we have to wait until tomorrow

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
Only thing i know is the software still full of severely bug, i doesn't have any idea more than that.
what bugs? what software? bugs related to what? if Apple want to release this new mac tomorrow will do it so with the current macOS Monterey, if its not, they will release it with the next big version.
Apple always released the devices even if the software had bugs...even after 1 year macOS has some issues/bugs...what are you even talking about?

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
how can he be guessing when OP reported the Mac Studio name before anyone did.
Understand that what passes for "journalism" in Apple-land, often involves reading these forums, and reporting it as "sources-say". If you look to 9-5 Mac or whoever and see them saying the same things someone has posted here, it's likely not because of independent sourcing of information.

Remember the eGPU Display? That started as a "leak" by someone in the Accidental Tech Podcast live IRC channel, was relayed here in the forums, and then picked up as "independently sourced" throughout so much of the Apple-verse that Apple wheeled out their pet Rene Richie to publicly deny its existence *on* the record.

There's literally no downside to posting rumours - everything that's not perfectly accurate is ignored, and vaguely similar details are assumed to only be inaccurate by virtue of misunderstandings or deliberate obfuscation.

Reactions: prefuse07

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
Zw.png

mikas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2017
Finland
For me and my workflows Mx Macs are not ready, nor is Monterey. But still, I am excited about what is to come out of the mothership tomorrow. It could be a big disappointment, or finally something I can look forward to buy - some day, when the software for it is secured for my workflow too.

I have made my predictions earlier allready. Won't post them again. Instead, I took a picture of what could be the scale of the closure/case of the "Studio" or what eve is coming.

I put in some 30 cm rulers (32cm in total size with leftover ends) to the second axonometric pic to compare to.

a) 3x Mac Mini
b) Trashcan Pro aka tcMP (or preferably a "cylinder" or "tube" Mac Pro for some)
c) G4 Cube
d) Razor Core X eGPU (size in the ballparks of latest intel Canyon NUCs I think..)

1646642576265.png

1646642391883.png

I am in fear it won't have any "real" expansion in it. Only Apple certified things or modules, if any at all. And hidden fans / airflow would be my guess for them to do, aka the flawed chimney design put through once again.

For sure I would want to see the biggest version on the right with at least one PCIe + at least one M.2 in it. And the best Apple can fit in it thermal/processor wise. I take it that it's got Apple flash and soldered unified RAM as standard though. That's a must.

altaic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2004
For me and my workflows Mx Macs are not ready, nor is Monterey. But still, I am excited about what is to come out of the mothership tomorrow. It could be a big disappointment, or finally something I can look forward to buy - some day, when the software for it is secured for my workflow too.

I have made my predictions earlier allready. Won't post them again. Instead, I took a picture of what could be the scale of the closure/case of the "Studio" or what eve is coming.

I put in some 30 cm rulers (32cm in total size with leftover ends) to the second axonometric pic to compare to.

a) 3x Mac Mini
b) Trashcan Pro aka tcMP (or preferably a "cylinder" or "tube" Mac Pro for some)
c) G4 Cube
d) Razor Core X eGPU (size in the ballparks of latest intel Canyon NUCs I think..)

View attachment 1968988
View attachment 1968987

I am in fear it won't have any "real" expansion in it. Only Apple certified things or modules, if any at all. And hidden fans / airflow would be my guess for them to do, aka the flawed chimney design put through once again.

For sure I would want to see the biggest version on the right with at least one PCIe + at least one M.2 in it. And the best Apple can fit in it thermal/processor wise. I take it that it's got Apple flash and soldered unified RAM as standard though. That's a must.
Thanks for the pics. I think we can look forward to something the same volume of the trash can MP, in G4 cube shape and dimensional ratios.

Expansion has to be M.2, or something novel that’s awesome; no way there’s full size PCIe. Maybe we could see a low latency multigigabit near-field interconnect. Or acoustic metamaterial active cooling for silent operation within a crazy thermal envelope.

All in the fullness of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: MayaUser

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
Looking at the G4 Cube, the transparent skirt is there for cable clearance, so it could go away...

That would actually leave a 7.7" cubed volume...!

I guess we will see what Luke Miani has to show us later today, and then see what the Event brings us...!

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Ok, now there are ppl who report same thing as my OP from last Thursday (Mac studio and 27 inch 5k display).

it can prove to your guys that my info is genuine.

so i will stop release my info on this threads, thank everyone.

PS. Meet your guys again if i've any detail on iMac 27/ iMac Pro!!

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
Ok, now there are ppl who report same thing as my OP from last Thursday (Mac studio and 27 inch 5k display).

it can prove to your guys that my info is genuine.

so i will stop release my info on this threads, thank everyone.

PS. Meet your guys again if i've any detail on iMac 27/ iMac Pro!!
- It will be called Mac Studio
- Powered by M1 max 2x
- 20 CPU cores and 48 GPU cores
- Low-end mac display (but the prices not seem to be low) will be call Apple 5K display
- As i have seen only front of display, it closely resemble of what Apple Pro Display XDR look like.
- i've not seen the back and the side of display, so cannot tell anything about stand and back design. (is it sell separately etc)

-how is this geniune? we just saw the so called mac studio, but not official, just from a leaker that has been wrong before
-where we can see its powered by 2xM1 max on apple website?
-low end mac display called Apple 5k display...others says Studio Display, we will see tomorrow, so where i can find that is genuine since i can buy the thing or is not even presented by Apple
-So unfortunately you are not genuine until tomorrow, that leaker showed many times to be wrong.Or maybe you dont know the meaning of "genuine "

Last edited:

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
- It will be called Mac Studio