Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dragonfly_bry

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2021
Nope. An Aussie site has it internet accessible and it's easy to find it via google, use early-2009 Apple Technician Guide on the search box.
I tried everything in the service manual a few times except reseating the processor (I don't have the long allen tool). It looks like i'm sending it back to the comapny. Thanks for all the help y'all.

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
it was my keyboard although it works up and running but somehiw mp didnt recognize it in the boot process which is weird cuz my keyboard is an apple original and its usb 2 wired so that shouldn't be a problem cuz its lagacy. But however my problem is solved using anotger keyboard and i can now hold the option key and boot from whatever device i need.

for reference please post what type and Part number of an Apple Keyboard it was preventing the boot keys.

HrSteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
Its full numeric apple keyboard the part number is

(MB110LL/B)​

I guess.

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
Its full numeric apple keyboard the part number is

(MB110LL/B)​

I guess.
please provide USB Device Tree with this keyboard attached. I use plenty of this kind for my own Mac Pros and in my workshop for fixing and upgrading Mac Pros. Never run into problems with preboot keys.

like this:

Code:
Apple Keyboard:

Product ID:    0x0221
  Vendor ID:    0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
  Version:    0.69
  Speed:    Up to 1.5Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    Apple, Inc
  Location ID:    0xfd432000 / 5
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    20
  Extra Operating Current (mA):    0

btw: have seen this "no bootable device" thing with Mac Pros I got from customers what run Windows only before. They greeted me with this screen even with no single drive attached.

Nvram reset helped of course. As I always do a triple reset I dont know if a single one helps.

HrSteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
Im sorry where can i get the usb tree. Im not sure how to see it haha

HrSteve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
sorry for the delay
heres the usb tree for my keyboard . its apple keyboard hub and then the keyboard , no additional stuff in between keyboard and the port i guess the hub is something within the keyboard itself so it can distinguish the keyboard port and the usb embedded in the board for other devices
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 11.38.01 PM.png

pwillis

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2020
@tsialex I have the exact same problem only my issue began when holding down the "option" key on startup didn't provide me with a startup disk selection, it just booted into Mac OS (High Sierra). I then changed my Startup disk in Sys Prefs to my SSD Windows disk and that's when the trouble began.

I also have changed keyboards (both wired) and have removed the Windows SSD. No change :(

Also, I've tried having ONLY the Windows SSD, Only my High Sierra (regular startup drive), and only the USB Bootable safety drive that I had made previously. Nothing worked.

Last edited:

pwillis

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2020
RESOLVED . . .

After reading through this post I figured my MacPro was done for. With nothing else to lose, I thought . . .

Reset PRAM/NVRAM.​

I'd used this suggestion before with regard to other issues and it seldom worked for me. Anyway . . .

Back to normal now!

Many thanks though to everyone contributing their experiences and input here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.