Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I would like a thin black carry case included instead.. Just like the one by waterfield designs..
Or the one that was included with the black/white plastic iPod videos..

drummerlondonw3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
London
I kind of find as though it is stupid that they don't include headphones, even ****** ones such as the standard supplied ones. Considering it is a mobile device ... it just seems stupid. But that is Apple. Once you used to get docks with iPods, now you barely get an iPod! Save money, save money, save money!

So true, I remember when I got my 2nd gen ipod, full of extras! especially the dock, which I still have actually.

Now I just expect it, however I will not be losing any sleep over another pair of the worst noise leaking, uncomfortable headphones.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Well since people insist the iPad isn't a large iPod - and it isn't an iPhone - there's no need to put earphones in with the package right? ;)

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Those wishing the ipad came with earbuds: It does. That model is $528. You have to special order it by selecting both the $499 ipad and the $29 earbuds. ;) There are other models too. Simple select your preferred iPad, then select your preferred earbuds.

Problem solved. :D

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
No, and that's just as well. I would rather not pay for something to be included that is going to be tossed in the garbage anyway. iPod earbuds are the most uncomfortable things ever made.

You ain't kidding about that. :eek:

sajjadbuet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Seems line iPod headphones are really unpopular. Can anybody suggest a good option that is not too costly?

vicky123

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2010
Seems line iPod headphones are really unpopular. Can anybody suggest a good option that is not too costly?

I have a set of Sony in ear headphones that only cost me $50 and have decent sound. I don't use them very often because I generally use my iPod in my car or at work on a dock. I don't like using headphones at work because I can't hear what's going on around me with them in.

JS82189

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
If ur going to buy an apple product, u should get a nice pair of headphones.. now I know that iPods are selling for $100 or maybe even less nowadays.. but they are just not that good

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I bought a pair of Scosche IDR650M that was only $44 so it wasn't too bad considering Apple sells the lower model for $40 (maybe higher) as does Amazon.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
It's laughable that people are complaining about the lack of headphones. I have four iPods and two iPhones. My kids have DSi's with accessory kits that had earphones. I have plenty of headphone options. I also have my Denon headphones or my Nike/Philips ear hook earphones.

It's like this is your first iPod/MP3 player or first device where headphones may be needed.

Why would you think a device where MUSIC is not the primary selling point include them? As someone else said, their MacBook did not come with earphones. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.