Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darren4theMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2016
Just downloaded PB 3 after a great experience with PB 2. Was hoping for a change to my one MAJOR gripe and am really disappointed now. I use Music a lot and like to have a song move to next in my queue without interrupting the current song. iOS 9 had wonderful capability with that, with 3D Touch opening up options to Play Next, Play Later and others, and a stacked bar icon next to each track allowing you to easily rearrange upcoming tracks.

Am I missing something? Is this something everyone is experiencing in both Public and Dev betas?

Last edited:

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Not to give a typical answer as to "why" they would do this. But the beta isn't over, therefore the app isn't finished yet. Submit solid, polite, clear feedback and hope they make the adjustments by September when it's officially released.

Darren4theMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2016
Not to give a typical answer as to "why" they would do this. But the beta isn't over, therefore the app isn't finished yet. Submit solid, polite, clear feedback and hope they make the adjustments by September when it's officially released.

I submitted it feedback just now for PB 3 and made sure to do it in PB 2 as an Enhancement Request. This feature was the one that convinced me to drop Google Play Music and Spotify. I just haven't seen many people reporting this and actually saw some Dev Beta users reported the "tap & hold to rearrange." Thought it might be a public beta-only missed feature...

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I submitted it feedback just now for PB 3 and made sure to do it in PB 2 as an Enhancement Request. This feature was the one that convinced me to drop Google Play Music and Spotify. I just haven't seen many people reporting this and actually saw some Dev Beta users reported the "tap & hold to rearrange." Thought it might be a public beta-only missed feature...

I just tested and was able to rearrange Up Next via long press on my iPhone 6. You long press on the handlebar on the right side and drag things around. (See screenshots and notice "two of a Kind" below the song I grabbed and then above it.)

Attachments

• IMG_1377.PNG
    IMG_1377.PNG
    350 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1378.PNG
    IMG_1378.PNG
    348.2 KB · Views: 145

Darren4theMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2016
I just tested and was able to rearrange Up Next via long press on my iPhone 6. You long press on the handlebar on the right side and drag things around. (See screenshots and notice "two of a Kind" below the song I grabbed and then above it.)
Do you have a public beta? You can see in my screenshot I don't have the handlebars and 3D Touch does not have any effect. (I'm on a 6S with PB 3.) I wonder if they plan to incorporate 3D Touch for compatible devices in a later build. I really hope so!

Attachments

• IMG_2286.PNG
    IMG_2286.PNG
    231.7 KB · Views: 149

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Do you have a public beta? You can see in my screenshot I don't have the handlebars and 3D Touch does not have any effect. (I'm on a 6S with PB 3.) I wonder if they plan to incorporate 3D Touch for compatible devices in a later build. I really hope so!

Turn off the Repeat toggle and you will be able to rearrange them. (Screenshot 1 Repeat toggle off. Screenshot 2 Repeat toggle on)

Attachments

• IMG_1379.PNG
    IMG_1379.PNG
    244.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1380.PNG
    IMG_1380.PNG
    244.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Darren4theMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2016
lagwagon... THANK YOU! I now feel silly for not getting to this on my own. Thank you so much... I hope this helps anyone else who has the same question.

Reactions: lagwagon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.