Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robgreene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
We've heard a million rumors about OS updates coming at WWDC. Yet, all we've heard about visionOS 2 is Apple Pencil Support. Is it possible no such update is coming so soon after launch?

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Possible? Sure.

Likely? They haven't skipped any platform updates in a looooooonnngggggg time. It may not be some major update that everyone is looking for, it could be akin to Apple Watch or AppleTV in the last few years with very minor feature updates.

NT1440

macrumors Pentium
May 18, 2008
I would be absolutely shocked if they didn’t highlight VisionOS updates. I don’t need rumors to know that their *developer conference* is going to talk about their platforms…

robgreene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
Possible? Sure.

Likely? They haven't skipped any platform updates in a looooooonnngggggg time. It may not be some major update that everyone is looking for, it could be akin to Apple Watch or AppleTV in the last few years with very minor feature updates.
If it's that, I'm betting they call it 1.3 or 1.4, and save visionOS 2 for more robust features. The platform will definitely have them coming at some point.

robgreene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I would be absolutely shocked if they didn’t highlight VisionOS updates. I don’t need rumors to know that their *developer conference* is going to talk about their platforms…
I don't disagree with the premise here... yet in the day and age of infinite leaks, we've heard nothing. Just... surprising.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Dayton
I’m hopeful for a full visionOS 2 to be announced.

The first beta came out in June 2023, around the same time as iOS betas if I not mistaken.
The Vision Pro released in February.

Apple has had ample time to design and test a new, full release.
And why would they not do everything possible to make this happen?

Just my thinking.

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
As I mentioned in another thread, I don’t think we’ll get VisionOS 2.0. Maybe like 1.3 or 1.5. so far the V in Vision Pro stands for „Very disappointed“ for me.

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Not related to WWDC, but in general with AVP. I really hope hope hope we get visionOS 2.0 and it’s a banger. But I fear AVP is already sidetracked. Let’s hope for the best.

Reactions: fatTribble

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
Not related to WWDC, but in general with AVP. I really hope hope hope we get visionOS 2.0 and it’s a banger. But I fear AVP is already sidetracked. Let’s hope for the best.
why on earth would it be sidetracked exactly?

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
It would be pretty crazy to not have a single noteworthy update to vision OS. I’m not a doomsday type of person, but lets just say that would be a very very bad sign in apple’s faith in the future of this product

robgreene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
It would be pretty crazy to not have a single noteworthy update to vision OS. I’m not a doomsday type of person, but lets just say that would be a very very bad sign in apple’s faith in the future of this product
I'll play Devil's Advocate here: It just came out a couple months ago. Why not give users a little more time to figure out the new paradigm before releasing new features?

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
I'll play Devil's Advocate here: It just came out a couple months ago. Why not give users a little more time to figure out the new paradigm before releasing new features?
Didn’t the first Apple Watch have a similar release where they announced it far in advance and it came out way later? I wish I could remember if the first wwdc had watch os. I feel like it probably did

If Apple thinks this is the future in their line of products and plans to make another cheaper one, it would be wise to start cranking out features since one of the biggest complaints is that vision os “feels very version 1”

robgreene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
no one wants this. we early adopt for frequent exciting updates...
It's a brand new device and computing paradigm. If you're already bored with it a couple months in and needing new software updates to maintain your interest, maybe this wasn't the early adoption for you.

As for me? I'm getting loads of great use out of mine. I'll be excited for the update whenever it comes, but am content with what's there for now.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
I'm certainly not bored with it...but I want to see:

- Native Pages & Numbers Apps
- Native Final Cut Pro
- Native Logic

Right now, I've been unable to load fonts onto my AVP. I'd like to see that addressed.

Reactions: Le0M
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.