Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Esmoris1807

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2024
I have a pair of AirPods but I don't know what happens with the right one. When they call me or when I activate the noise cancellation it starts making a noise as if it were interference and I don't know how to fix it. If anyone knows if they have any kind of solution I would appreciate it. thank you

J.A.K.

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2023
I think this is just an issue with Gen 1 AirPod Pros. There's an extended warranty for them in some countries. I got mine replaced because of it.

Reactions: Esmoris1807

Esmoris1807

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2024
Yes, I am almost sure that they are the first generation because they are already about 3 years old or so, I live in the USA, will they still have the guarantee here?

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
I believe the extended warranty period has expired for all but the newest Airpod Pro buyers - I think it's 3 years from your date of purchase. But hey, it's worth asking.

Reactions: Esmoris1807

Esmoris1807

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2024
I believe the extended warranty period has expired for all but the newest Airpod Pro buyers - I think it's 3 years from your date of purchase. But hey, it's worth asking.
If that's what I was thinking, I'm going to try to see if I can go and try my luck on the weekend, thanks.

Humpty

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2024
solved
So I had same issue, static in right airpod. I returned them to the dealer and was contacted 2 weeks later (new zealand here) only to be told that my eapods were manufactured in november 2020 so were outside the warranty period by 1 month and therefore not covered ! Not happy about that.
Once I got them back I did all sorts of things to try fixing them . resetting, checking firmware update ,the stupid bluetack trick, nothing worked.
I still used them at work and would put them in only to make or receive calls/texts while driving .
Lately, the charging case with airpods inside, has fallen out of my top overalls pocket and hit the ground, spilling the airpods . This happened about 4 times that l remember.
Then I noticed that the static noise had disappeared and they have been working perfectly for the last week !! Hints at a loose connection inside to me. So if you've got nothing to loose try dropping them in their case from about chest height. just my observation. good luck !!!

• Haha
Reactions: scrane and seggy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.